Uninstalling INSTALL.LOG

new reply
surfcandy
Airman Basic

Uninstalling INSTALL.LOG

Post by surfcandy »

Hello, I need to uninstall BOB2 and then re-install it. I am having trouble uninstalling. I get a message that the INSTALL.LOG is not found when I go to launch the uninstall program in the game directory or in Program's Uninstall. I have seen other people with the same problem so I know its somewhat common. I could not find a solution posted.

stickman
BDG

Re: Uninstalling INSTALL.LOG

Post by stickman »

I get a message that the INSTALL.LOG is not found when I go to launch the uninstall program in the game directory or in Program's Uninstall.
I never try to uninstall BoBII in the game directory. In fact, an Uninstall thing does not exist in my BoBII structure, that I can see.
Never knew such a thing existed. If it is there, do not use it, as apparently it does not work.

I usually use Windows > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, to uninstall BoBII. Which I have done more than 50 times in the last 10 years, no problems.

Also, I have CCleaner which I always use to clean the REGISTRY after uninstalling a program or game.
I consider cleaning the REGISTRY after uninstalling a game an important thing to do.

CCleaner also has a feature that will uninstall a program. I have used it to uninstall BoBII a few times. OK, no problems.

The CCleaner I am currently using is v2.28.1091, which is 6 years old? Newer FREE versions are available as I see tonight.

stickman
BDG

Re: Uninstalling INSTALL.LOG

Post by stickman »

Here is my old recommendations for Uninstalling BoBII and Reinstalling:

UNINSTALL & INSTALLATION STEPS. How I have always done it for years, (many many times, testing) with all versions since BoBII WOV started:

Completely un-install BoBII.
1. Even after running Windows > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, BoBII things will be left over.
2. Manually remove the rest of BoBII that always gets left over. That is, delete the folder in C:\Battle of Britain II (for example if you put in the C:\ drive).
There is always a Battle of Britain II folder with some stuff in it, left behind.. that the Uninstall never gets rid of.
3. If you see anything Battle of Britain II, in Program Files x86, delete that too.
(When deleting things I always try to do a complete kill and burn all corpses, and some things I have to do manually. I'm a clean freak!)

4. Clean the REGISTRY with a REGISTRY cleaner like CCleaner, which is very good.

5. At this point I always Restart the computer. Maybe I don't need to, but it was recommended to do so in the old days.

6. Install the BoBII WOV disc (or the downloaded software if you have that).
7. Install the v2.13 Installer.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”