Inactive aircraft, no access to hangar, popups don't react

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Daube
Staff Sergeant

Inactive aircraft, no access to hangar, popups don't react

Post by Daube »

Hi all,

I'm creating this topic on behalf of a friend who is not able to speak English.
He owns a legal copy of the Spitfire with Accusim, bought on simmarket. He runs FSX+Acceleration (not Steam).
He had installed the Spitfire, but not the Accusim pack, a few month ago.
Following my instructions by Skype yesterday, he has reinstalled the Spitfire, then installed the Accusim pack, then he ran the latest update.

Unfortunately, the hangar (SHIFT+7 popup) shows the red label, despite the fact that his plane is sitting cold and dark on the parking, with parking brake.
The Accusim popup (SHIFT+3) doesn't not react when clicking on DAMAGE ON.
I guided him to download and install the SimConnect.msi, but even after restarting the computer, this had no effects.

Finally, the strangest thing is that he reinstalled mistakenly the Spitfire, then the update, then the Accusim pack (incorrect order, that is). The hangar was then working properly ! :shock: But then, I told him he had to run the update in last position, which he did right away... and now the hangar doesn't work anymore :roll:

Anybody knows why this is happening ?

PS: for moderators, if necessary I can ask him to make a screenshot of his simmarket account with the links to the Spit.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Inactive aircraft, no access to hangar, popups don't rea

Post by Killratio »

When reinstalling, did he DELETE the .dat files in the Documents/A2A/Spitfire (or similar) directory? That is the most common cause of reinstall not fixing problems...those files aren't removed by the uninstaller and often contain "the corruption" that is causing weird results.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

We thought about that, but I'm pretty sure we didn't proceed in the correct order.

What we did, at some point during our investigations, was to delete all of the A2A stuff in the Documents folder.
We didn't delete anything in the A2A folder located in the root FSX folder though.
After relaunching the sim, we got an error message about something being "null" (I don't remember the exact message), and the hangar and other popups were still blocked.

I'll tell him to delete everything again, including the DAT files.
Should he "uninstall" the Spitfire via the Windows Control Panel (Add/Remove programs) or is it sufficient to delete the aircraft folder ?

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Yes mate,

Uninstall via windows then delete everything in the documents folders relating to the Spitfire, delete everything in fsx root directory that relates to Spitfire

Then reinstall without accusim, test. Then reinstall accusim. Test, finally update accusim and test again,

Hope that works!!

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Got it, thanks for the explanations.
I have forwarded the explanation to my friend and I'll wait for his feedback. Will report here.

For info, we were trying to fly together online using that tool named JoinFS, which allows multi-platform flights. He was on legacy FSX while I am on P3Dv3. Initially, we were supposed to both use the Spitfire, so that I could teach him how to use it properly. But because of the problems described earlier, he had to switch to the default FSX Mustang, which was substituted by the A2A Mustang by JoinFS on my side :)

Last edited by Daube on 10 Jan 2017, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Daube wrote:Got it, thanks for the explanations.
I have forwarded the explanation to my friend and I'll wait for his feedback. Will report here.
No problems, will check back tomorrow..late here now in upsidedownland...

Darryl

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

I have provided to my friend a precise list of steps to uninstall his Spitfire and cleanup the system from any remaining files or folders, as well as precise steps to reinstall the Spit properly, with the recommendation to install everything with the option "run as administrator".
Unfortunately, the result is still negative, the red label is still there and nothing reacts.
It makes me think he may be lacking something else, out of FSX perhaps ?
Any help or hint for future investigations would be appreciated :/

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

The only thing I can think of is to check that Acceleration has been installed properly?

Failing that, I would try uninstalling Acceleration, installing SP2 and reinstall the Spit and see if it works. If it does, install Acceleration again and see if it stops working...at least that would tie it down to a definite part that is not working.

Other than that, I am blank.

regards

Darryl

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

I'll check that with him, but I would be surprised it has any impact.
I mean, what part of Acceleration could have any impact with the Spit, excepted Simconnect, which we reinstalled last week already ?
Anyways, I'll transmit the info and will report the results. Thanks for the help.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Does he have any of the A2A GA aircraft, like the C172 for example? If so, tell him to install it along with the Spitfire and its Accu-Sim package, before he updates them on-line.

I ask because I had similar problems with the Spitfire when I ran it in FSX and Acceleration, with no other A2A GA aircraft installed. It sounds strange I know, but running the Spitfire by itself and updating with the on-line updater always breaks the Spit for me. I still have to install at least one other A2A GA aircraft, even now in FSX: Steam and P3D.

Steve.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Good catch Steve,

I'd forgotten that. I found it a while back in Beta but thought it only applied to P3D. It has something to do with the Accusim.dll and a change that was made as to where it looked for things. It was fixed though...I wonder if some change has rekindled the problem?

She how you go Daube and if it does work..let me know, I'll reference this post for attention.

regards

Darryl

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Thank you very much for the help :)
I asked my friend who confirmed he had Acceleration installed correctly, which means all Acceleration features are ok, including the following checks:
- the default F-18 is there
- the gauges of the F-18 are all working correctly
- the catapult and arrestor cables on the carriers (including the Nimitz addon) are all working correctly

He was not so motivated to uninstall/reinstall Acceleration though, fearing to mess up his FSX.
Anyways, even though he has installed only the Spitfire so far, I believe he also owns the P-47 and perhaps another Accusim plane.
I'll ask him to install the other aircrafts, their Accusim packs, and then run the updater again.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Killratio wrote:Good catch Steve,

I'd forgotten that. I found it a while back in Beta but thought it only applied to P3D. It has something to do with the Accusim.dll and a change that was made as to where it looked for things. It was fixed though...I wonder if some change has rekindled the problem?

She how you go Daube and if it does work..let me know, I'll reference this post for attention.

regards

Darryl
You may be right about it being fixed. I automatically install the C172 along with the Spitfire nowadays, so I couldn't really say if it has been fixed. :wink:

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

I don't have feedback from my friend yet, but nevertheless, I suppose I should recommend him to apply the latest update instead of the 5_9_16, right ?

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Daube wrote:I don't have feedback from my friend yet, but nevertheless, I suppose I should recommend him to apply the latest update instead of the 5_9_16, right ?
Yes, definitely. Working great in FSX: Steam. P3D too. :wink:

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”