Career Mode Will Not Start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cchiozza
Airman

Career Mode Will Not Start

Post by cchiozza »

I done a few flights but nothing seems to be tracking in Career mode. Is there a Trigger to start it? I have it turned on as best I can see.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Career Mode Will Not Start

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The career mode is turned on or off in the shift+3 its just above the auto C&D on button , also if you select shift+9 this will show if its tracking your career with total flights done salery passenger comments exctra .
If you have the above selected in shift+3 , but nothing in shift+9 , then i dont know what might be the cause.
regards alan. 8)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Just to add to Alan's reply. You'll have to load passengers through the shift+4 menu for it to be a career flight. If you fly without a load there will be no career tracking.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Stratocruiser2
Senior Airman

Post by Stratocruiser2 »

Just decided to start career mode flights yesterday, after building up my Connie hours and getting to know it on various practice flights during the last few weeks. However, having done my first 2 flights in career mode (Heathrow-Shannon and then Shannon-Gander), I found, when I checked the captain's log after the second flight, that it not appeared to have cumulated either the hours in career mode or the number of flights! After completing the flight in Gander the log had only recorded the hours for the second flight and only indicated that I had done one career flight instead of two. I guess I might be doing something wrong but I am not sure what it is! Could it be that I did another Connie flight in 'non-career' mode between these flights which might have caused it to be reset? Does career mode have to be always be selected on when you fly the Connie to prevent it restarting from scratch?

Bill

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I have to say that the same thing just happened to me too!? I started the sim new and did a flight from Montreal to Gander. All went well and I never got the message "Career mode off". I parked the plane deboarded and in the shift+9 model it showed that I'll be rated after all the passengers are off the plane. After everyone has deboarded the captains log showed the stats from the last flight. In the shift+3 menu it still showes the career mode as on but it didn't record any of it. Not even my crappy landing :? That'0s really weird. I've done 6 career flight so far and this has not happened before.

I'm running FSX boxed with Acceleration and the FSX Connie (obviously).

Any ideas what could be wrong?

PS: I also realized that the flight engineer doesn't shut the plane down after all the passengers left and Betty doesn't say good buy either :? . Maybe this is something that the A2A guys need to look into??
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

So I just finished another flight and this time everything worked as Strange. I don't know what I would have done wrong on the last flight :?

Anyone else noticed that?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Today it happened again. Did a 4h44min flight from Gander to JFK. Everything went fine. I landed and unloaded. The log read last flight 4h44min. Later I reloaded the Connie and the last flight was scrapped from the log. My captains time and everything went back to prior to the last flight. It's very strange. Anyone else see this?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are you guys running the simulator as admin and how are you exiting the flight and the sim?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi Lewis,

Yes I'm running my sim as admin. I'm not sure what you mean by exiting the flight and the sim. I'm usually shutting the sim down after a longer flight. Preferably by hitting the 'X' in the top right corner. But by then it already has not recorded the flight. It's not resetting it when the plane is loaded again.

Take care

Stratocruiser2
Senior Airman

Post by Stratocruiser2 »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Hi Lewis,

Yes I'm running my sim as admin. I'm not sure what you mean by exiting the flight and the sim. I'm usually shutting the sim down after a longer flight. Preferably by hitting the 'X' in the top right corner. But by then it already has not recorded the flight. It's not resetting it when the plane is loaded again.

Take care
Hi Lewis,

Essentially the same here. The sequence I use at the end of a flight is shut down engines and systems, wait for all the passengers to offload, then open the Captain's Log to check that the log has updated and close FSX using the 'X'. I normally leave career mode on at the end of a flight and only set it to off if I am planning a non-career flight.

I should point out that, after the early issues, my Captain's Log has been updating satisfactorily for the last few weeks, so maybe I had done something to mess it up during those early career mode flights, although I am not sure what this might have been!

Cheers,
Bill

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi guys,

A little update. Yesterday I was doing a flying guy with the Connie on career mode. About 2h in i got a message from FSX saying that there's a problem with Simconnect and that it was restarted. And sure enough after the landing and shutdown the above described happened. So I guess that's the culprit here at least in my system. Does anyone know if there's an update for Simconnect for FSX?

Happy flying

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

I have the same problem. Got the plane today. Love it! Got it half for plane and half for career. Did 2 flights from LOWI and back, went well, few crying babies etc career mode greyed out but said on whole time.
After both landings career had 0 on all fields. After cold dark i can change from off to on. Will try again but was on before.
I didnt actually WANT it on for my tests so expected to have to clear it after but nothing to clear as zero there. Had usual chat inflight but was fairly smooth as i took care but expected at least the hours to register.

Was installed as admin..every thing else works great except CM

Russ

PS theres a glitch on the panel displays running at 4k res. Clicking them and moving them solves it. The jpegs show this but they wont upload.

PPS
adding pix:
This png wont load
The jpef wont either

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

UPDATE: My first 2 flights where career mode didnt progress were in ARMY livery at LOWI

Just did first flight in TWA livery KSAN to KPSP and (I know the airframes are all shared as one between liveries) career worked fine this time.
Severe turbulence left a passenger bag complaint but a greased landing equaled that out I guess. This time the hours and mileage logged on the career window.
Maybe turning it manually off and on again before loading fixed the issue? (it has always been on since install).

Once again..LOVE the plane..Reading the entire manual before purchase made it so much more enjoyable to get flying quickly!

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

I just quickly read through this thread. There are a few situations that I know will cause career mode to be shut off.

Entering slew will kill career mode but Betty will always tell you "Career Mode Off". If you spawn in a hanger or trees etc you can re-position your aircraft via slew prior to loading passengers but you will need to turn career mode back on. If you use slew and then exit game before turning career mode back on it will load with career mode OFF on next spawn.

Entering the maintenance hanger during flight will kill career mode. I do not know if Betty informs you of this.

Entering payload manager during flight will kill career mode. I don't know if Betty informs you of this.

All the situations list by others are valid causes of career mode being disabled.

Good luck with your issue. I've made a several hour flight before and forgot to turn career mode back on after slewing out of the trees or a hanger. Very frustrating indeed. Keep on eye on the mini-controls window and maybe you can narrow this down some.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

I've probably found another cause for flight not to be recorded but this one might be intentional to stop 'cheating'?

After much concentration I had what I can call a 'perfect' flight, was excited to see what I would get. On approach 4 miles out had the dreaded OOM. Loaded up an FSUIPC auto save, landed unloaded after engine stop and excitedly checked career panel only to find the details were showing the last flight as the one BEFORE the one I just did. Career mode still showed as ON in the management tab.
Does this mean that saving the flight IN THE AIR or on ground after loading passengers and reloading it will cause a fail? I can see this would stop cheating for sure (reload before that turbulence hit!) but hardly fair for us FSX 32-bit simmers! :D

Does every flight have to be 'live' and continuous to count? If so I wont be doing an 8 hour Atlantic crossing if I cant save and reload to refresh the available memory before descent for sure!

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”