How to zoom in on aircraft in external view ?

new reply
BOBC
Airman First Class

How to zoom in on aircraft in external view ?

Post by BOBC »

Hi, Its been a while since running BoB WoV ll, I have installed it to win 7 64bit pro then added on the 2.13 and done the shortcut properties ticks as per the pdf.

I used to be able to zoom right in very close up to aircraft when in external view, how is this done ? I have forgotten.

crashed after first flight, but then got a runtime error and sim crashed out. Was always ok for me in win xp. What might I look for if this becomes common ?

BOBC

Lofty Anstruther
Senior Airman

Re: How to zoom in on aircraft in external view ?

Post by Lofty Anstruther »

Hi BOBC

A Happy New Year to you.

Here's what the manual says about zooming the external view:

"ZOOMING IN/OUT THE VIEW: Zoom in/out with the numpad plus or numpad minus keys. To zoom at a faster rate press SHIFT+numpad plus or SHIFT+ numpad minus keys. Zooming can also be achieved with the mouse scroll wheel."

Hope this helps.
"Home and tea. For once you deserve it, well done everybody"

BOBC
Airman First Class

Post by BOBC »

Hi, I was able using ctrl + to get a lot closer, more than just mousewheel gives, but seem to remember closer still as I used to make skins for Rowan BoB unless the zoom is limited in BoB WoV ll.

Somewhere I have my screen captures from Rowan days that might prove memory right or wrong.

BOBC

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

BOBC,

I recall that you like a "standard" external view that is closer to the AC when looking at the aircraft skins.

This view was changed for BoBII to be further away from an AC than it was in BoB1.

In the bdg text file find this line:

Stock value is now 2.000000. Old value was 1.300000 for a closer view.
Lower value gets you a closer look. You can plug in other values to suit your preference.

Here I am using a value of 1.60000 while trying to make a better Figaro The Cat emblem and Ian Gleed's Hurricane, that I cobbled up, as stock issue when using:
MULTI_SKIN_MODE=FX_FILES_ONLY # valid modes: DISABLE, ENABLE, FX_FILES_ONLY, MS_FILES_ONLY. Only active when MultiSkin is installed

Here is a recent post of mine concerning the .fx files.
I did not make these .fx files, and others that did are gone. I am trying to figure out how to manipulate them.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=56940

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

A quick cutnpaste of an answer I gave several years ago:

There are three things you can do to adjust view distances: first, the zooms, using numpad +/- and ctrl-Numpad +/- do different things - one moves your viewpoint in and out, while the other magnifies (zooms) the view at the current viewpoint. Playing with them both you can get telephoto views or close-ups, controls for instance whether the near wing is expanded compared to the plane size.

Then, in the Options menu, I think Sim>Views, or maybe Adv., there is a page for configuring Field of View extents, in degrees. for maximum zoom travel, you can make the maximum and minimum as divergent as possible - I think max goes to 135deg now, and min goes down to 2 or something.

Finally, there are a couple of settings in BDG.txt. One enables the extended maximum FOV from 110 to 135, as I recall, and the other sets the initial external view zoom level. I think it defaults to 3 now, but you can set it to 1.3 or so to get closer zoom.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”