Bf-109 Repaints

The most mass-produced fighter of World War II
new reply
silentsage
Airman

Bf-109 Repaints

Post by silentsage »

There are a number of excellent repaints at various locations on the web, but they appear to be incompatible with the A2A Bf-109 even though they ostensibly are compatible.

The issue is that the Bf-109 that is distributed by A2A uses .bmp files for textures, and the other repaints are .dds. The 3rd-party repaints all reference the "textures" folder from A2A, which is .bmp files, but they are dds, hence things break.

I must be missing something - any suggestions would be welcome.

FYI, I purchased the Bf-109 a few weeks ago, so I assume it is the latest-and-greatest from A2a.

ebo
Master Sergeant

Re: Bf-109 Repaints

Post by ebo »

I have done a few paints for the 109. I have reworked the textures to 4096. I ha saved the texture files in uncompressed DDS. And they all work beautifully. You might want to have a look at my preview posts I created with the WIP paints.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

silentsage
Airman

Post by silentsage »

ebo -

Thanks. I though the issue was that dds and bmp files couldn't be mixed on the same aircraft. Knowing that the issue lies elsewhere is a big help.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi Silentsage.

I would also add, FYI, that this is by no means the latest and greatest release,in fact it is quite an old model,hence the BMP format.
Cheers Chris

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”