Rebuilt PC moved from FSX to P3D

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
realkewl
Airman Basic

Rebuilt PC moved from FSX to P3D

Post by realkewl »

I had to rebuild my PC and lost everything. However, I went with P3d v3, and was wondering can I install the Cherokee 180 and C172 Trainer that I bought for FSX into P3d, or do I need to purchase them all over again?

I purchased the C172 Trainer from sim market
I purchased the Cherokee from A2A

Thanks,
realkewl

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Rebuilt PC moved from FSX to P3D

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi

You'll need the P3D versions
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I'd say you have to re-purchase any A2A aircraft that comes in either FSX or P3D, but you should be able to load the old aircraft just fine.

The same thing happened to me a few weeks back, and now I have my new Jetline computer, preloaded with P3D v3.4.14. I used to have FSX, a bunch of ORBX scenery, and ASN upgraded to AS16, a J-3, a P-40, and a Comanche.

It took some doing, but almost all of my ORBX scenery has been downloaded and I am confident that it will work in P3D. I have installed the FTX Global Base Pack and FTX Global Vector, so all the regions and airports should go in as well. All except for my first ORBX purchase, which was the Pacific Northwest, purchased on DVD in 2012. That cannot be loaded into P3D, but maybe I can get FTX to give me some sort of deal on the P3D download.

ASN can be made to work in either FSX or P3D, so if you've bought one, you have the other. I had to buy a new AS16 upgrade, this time in P3D.

I had to buy a new, P3D, Comanche. I know it works, because I just flew it from KHQM (Hoquiam, WA) to KAWO (Arlington, WA).

I had to re-download my P-40 and J-3, and was worried if I'd ever be able to fly them again, as they are supposedly FSX only. First I followed the advice of somebody on this forum, and went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and then made a copy of P3D.exe in the same folder, and renamed it to FSX.exe. Then I installed the P-40 and J-3 in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\. Everything took the new A2A update. I haven't flown them, but I started up the P-40 and it ran just fine. Now I'm tempted to get the Civilian Mustang.

P3D really works great. I'm very happy with that Jetline computer.

Seeya
ATB

realkewl
Airman Basic

Post by realkewl »

Paughco wrote:I'd say you have to re-purchase any A2A aircraft that comes in either FSX or P3D, but you should be able to load the old aircraft just fine.

The same thing happened to me a few weeks back, and now I have my new Jetline computer, preloaded with P3D v3.4.14. I used to have FSX, a bunch of ORBX scenery, and ASN upgraded to AS16, a J-3, a P-40, and a Comanche.

It took some doing, but almost all of my ORBX scenery has been downloaded and I am confident that it will work in P3D. I have installed the FTX Global Base Pack and FTX Global Vector, so all the regions and airports should go in as well. All except for my first ORBX purchase, which was the Pacific Northwest, purchased on DVD in 2012. That cannot be loaded into P3D, but maybe I can get FTX to give me some sort of deal on the P3D download.

ASN can be made to work in either FSX or P3D, so if you've bought one, you have the other. I had to buy a new AS16 upgrade, this time in P3D.

I had to buy a new, P3D, Comanche. I know it works, because I just flew it from KHQM (Hoquiam, WA) to KAWO (Arlington, WA).

I had to re-download my P-40 and J-3, and was worried if I'd ever be able to fly them again, as they are supposedly FSX only. First I followed the advice of somebody on this forum, and went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and then made a copy of P3D.exe in the same folder, and renamed it to FSX.exe. Then I installed the P-40 and J-3 in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\. Everything took the new A2A update. I haven't flown them, but I started up the P-40 and it ran just fine. Now I'm tempted to get the Civilian Mustang.

P3D really works great. I'm very happy with that Jetline computer.

Seeya
ATB
Thank you!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”