When shot down, strange flashing and spinning occur

new reply
Bsmooth1234
Airman

When shot down, strange flashing and spinning occur

Post by Bsmooth1234 »

Just loaded it up after many many years, I still have the limited edition, boxed edition. I remember first loading it up originally and all the crashes and issues made it pretty much a no go at the time. This is soo much better now, kudoes go to everyone who made this possible.
Ok my issue other than usin a twist rudder Thrustmaster, which seems to give me rudder when i least need it is me getting shot down and weird spinning and flashing occuring. I also get stutters literally out of now where, but those are probably system related. I'm running Win7 at 1680x1050.
The crashes occur usually when i get shot down, the spinning begins and the screen flashes sometimes green, sometimes just flashing. Also is there a better way to adjust the sound volume? Lots of questions, but having a blast, also get lost quite frequently, but having a great time sight seeing !

stickman
BDG

Re: When shot down, strange flashing and spinning occur

Post by stickman »

In the bdg text file, which is in the Battle of Britain II root folder,
you can switch off the spinning death with this line:

No_Spinning_Death=ON #This is the switch for the death effect OFF = spinning death (Rowan) or ON = red your dead death effect

No_Spinning_Death=OFF
is what you want, I think.

Lofty Anstruther
Senior Airman

Re: When shot down, strange flashing and spinning occur

Post by Lofty Anstruther »

Hello - glad you are enjoying the Time Machine. I absolutely agree - big thanks are due to those who created and the small band who continue to develop this gem.

You mentioned that you get lost. If you press 'm' the screen will change to a map screen. Once there you can use keypad numbers to select options (e.g go to next way point etc. If you are leading a formation and have told them to go home from the in-cockpit radio commands ("r-4-2" or "shift + 4") you will also have a 'home' option which will as the name suggests 'autopilot' you to your home base.

Hope this helps & have a good time!
"Home and tea. For once you deserve it, well done everybody"

new reply

Return to “BOB2 Technical Support”