Wings of POWER P51 "Mustang" UPDATE v.1.2 RELEASED

The premier US WWII Fighter
stickshaker
Senior Airman

Post by stickshaker »

Scott, I downloaded the file again and now get as far as the point where the installation should begin, but then I again get the message that my FS install is corrupted. But FS works fine. Which FS file is checked for corruption?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It just needs to see FS9 and the Wings of POWER P51. Have you tried re-installing your original Wings of POWER P51? This has to work.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Meso
Senior Airman

Post by Meso »

tommieboy wrote:
Meso wrote:.... Also the inside of the cockpit-glass reflects, which is pretty cool!
I've not notice any change from the previous model in that regard.... :?: :?: :?:

I see the glass reflections in my P-47 cockpit, so it can't be my video card.......
I only see it in repaints not the original Shockwave planes. I dont know why.

Regards,

Meso

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

CWD wrote:A big improvement over the previous model for sure. Some questions/observations:

1. What area of the texture file do I need to paint to color the inside of the chin air inlet if I want?

2. The gear doors are still the wrong shape.

3. Does this model feature the new, enhanced realism fuel mixture system? If so, a brief rundown on how it's operated would be appreciated.
Bumpage... :!:

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

Meso wrote:
tommieboy wrote:
Meso wrote:.... Also the inside of the cockpit-glass reflects, which is pretty cool!
I've not notice any change from the previous model in that regard.... :?: :?: :?:

I see the glass reflections in my P-47 cockpit, so it can't be my video card.......
I only see it in repaints not the original Shockwave planes. I dont know why.

Regards,

Meso
The VC glass looks the same as it always did to me.

stickshaker
Senior Airman

Post by stickshaker »

My mistake! I had previously added ‘modified’ to the folder names of the aircraft to reflect the fact that I had added skins. Whew I changed the names back all was well. Well, I hope some other poor sod will benefit from my experience.

Now I’ll go fly!

Scott, on the website it says that WWII Fighters still can be ordered only in North America. Any clue as to when we in Europe can order it?

Meso
Senior Airman

Post by Meso »

CWD wrote:
The VC glass looks the same as it always did to me.
this is what i mean:

see the diffrance in colour/brightness on the canopy above the ground

This one shows it better before the update i did not see a diffrnace between the colour of the sky and the glass.

Bradburger
Senior Airman

Post by Bradburger »

CWD,

I noticed this too!

However, I saw that Krazy mentioned on SoH that you need to drop in a new texture to all your 3rd party repaints as this file is of course missing.

The file is glass_VC.bmp

Pop this in and all should be well! :wink:

Cheers

Paul

Army_485
Airman First Class

Post by Army_485 »

I saw this when I was doing my preflight cheek.The right flap is lower than the left. Is this something I can fix in the aircraft.cfg

Spilot69
Airman First Class

Post by Spilot69 »

The reason for the poor steering is the update makes the new mustang have a free castoring tailwheel which is true, but if you pull the stick into your gut, the tailwheel steering engages and you can steer, the previous model had steering all the time, the new one does not. Just go into the aircraft.cfg and change the contact point for the tailwheel where it says 180.0 to 30 degrees and that should make it all better! But for the P-47 you might want to change it to 180 because this is the way the p-47 is, it has no tailwheel steering but the propblast at idle is enough to steer it.

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

CWD

Try this upper right corner for the inside of the nose scoop.

FAC257

Meso
Senior Airman

Post by Meso »

FAC that worked pretty well only the painter got a little bit to enthousiastic (see the airintake underneath the aircraft).

Regards,

Meso

CWD
Senior Airman

Post by CWD »

Meso wrote:FAC that worked pretty well only the painter got a little bit to enthousiastic (see the airintake underneath the aircraft).

Regards,

Meso
This doesn't bode well.

Scott, I'd really like to know if it's possible to paint the inside the chin scoop by itself.

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Hey Guys!

Try pulling your color up to only the top of that area I have boxed in.
I'm not near my system right now and I'm trying to remember what I saw when mapping out the paint. I do definitly remember that the lower part of that area appeared to be inside the lower scoop also.

FAC257

Meso
Senior Airman

Post by Meso »

I tried to paint just a little part of the box that you market, but it seems its not possible to paint the little intake only without painting parts of the larger intake underneath.

Regards,

Meso

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”