Repaints in FSX-SE

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
pressler
Senior Airman

Repaints in FSX-SE

Post by pressler »

I posted this in Repainters thread yesterday, but no response yet...

Win 10 - FSX-SE

For some reason, repaints are not showing up in the Free Flight aircraft selection page - no icon, no anything. I had several other repaints for the A2A Comanche and Cherokee, but only one shows up and it has been there a while. I added the latest repaint yesterday when I realized it, along with several others, weren't showing up at all.

I have checked and double-checked files locations and security and verified aircraft.cfg entry.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks!!
Robert

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Repaints in FSX-SE

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi Robert,

Did you check "show all variations" in the aircraft selection menu? That should give you the option to choose between the different paints.

B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

pressler
Senior Airman

Post by pressler »

Hi Piper,

Thanks and yes, I did verrify Show All Variations was checked. I also went all the way through all the aircraft shown to make sure they weren't showing up in some random place, but they aren't there. Robert

pressler
Senior Airman

Post by pressler »

Has anyone else tried to add a repaint in the last few days? I would be interested to know. I was thinking something might have broke in one of the recent updates to Steam.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Are you sure that there is no syntax errors in your aircraft.cfg? Is the sim showing the paint variations on the stock aircraft and on the "stock" A2A liveries that were included from A2A?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

pressler
Senior Airman

Post by pressler »

Apparently, that was it Piper. In the readme.txt file for the repaint I downloaded, where it has the data to copy/paste into the aircraft.cfg file, it had the following line:

model=emblem

I removed the word "emblem", then it showed up in the selection screen.

I'm not sure what this means, but at least I can select the repaint aircraft now.

Thanks for your expertise and suggestions of where to look Piper!!!

Robert

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Good! I'm glad you found the culprit! I think the "emblem" was a model version of the Cherokee that got removed with one of the updates.

Enjoy the countless repaints nice repaints :wink:

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

There used to be an emblem model, but that was removed in an update some time back. What you found was just an old repaint.

pressler
Senior Airman

Post by pressler »

Thanks for the info Bruce! I really didn't look closely at the publish date. I assumed it was recent.

feldkurat
Airman Basic

Post by feldkurat »

Hi folks!
I have the same problem with J-3 Cub. I tried to install repaint from OZx forum and there is any "emblem" in their “readme.txt”, but I don’t see new Cub in the “Free Flight” aircraft selection.
Any more ideas?

Thanks!!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi,

And welcome to the community. Did you try to remove the "emblem" lettering out of the aircraft.cfg for that paint like OP?

feldkurat
Airman Basic

Post by feldkurat »

Here is the part of “readme.txt” file for the repaint. I don`t see here any anusual. In other cases OZx repaints works fine. But not with A2A Cub.

[fltsim.xx]
title=A2A Piper Cub VH-DRT Tundra
sim=PiperJ3t
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=VH-DRT
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=VH-DRT
atc_id_color=
ui_manufacturer="A2A Piper"
ui_type="J-3 Cub w/tundra"
ui_variation="VH-DRT"
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="A2A Simulations Inc."
description="The Piper Cub embodies the very essence of the romance and gypsy-lure of flying. Its design is one of the most fundamental expressions of the basic, primal relationship between pilot and airplane; and few airplanes define “stick and rudder” more faithfully and distinctly than does the Cub."

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

This repaint seems to be aimed at the Tundra Version of the Cub. You did install it into the Tundra model and add this line to the aircraft.cfg of the Tundra model of the Cub right? This would be the folder A2A_PiperJ3_t in your simobjects folder.

feldkurat
Airman Basic

Post by feldkurat »

Yes, I did everything as you wrote.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

And you also clicked on show all variants as shown above?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”