CH Pro Pedals Bad 2.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
greatengine
Airman

CH Pro Pedals Bad 1.

Post by greatengine »

So Im going to tell you how to fix the pedals. Get you a spot on a table that is big enough that when you layout the sides you have room for both pieces. next turn the unit up on the pedals. now get you a couple boxes or what ever you can place under each end to get the pedals clear of the table. Now there is a sticker that says if you remove this your warranty is no good. remove the sticker as there is a black screw that has to come out. now remove all the screws in the bottom. now turn the unit around so the back end of the pedals face you. now if you noticed the sides will of opened up some place your fingers on both sides and wiggle up and down till the to pieces are loose from each other now before lifting apart get you 2 more boxes so when you separate you can set the other half on them this will keep both sides equal. Now get a hold of the end that has the heel of the pedals and lift it very slowly keep it close when turning it over as the wires are very short you will see when you get it turned over. Now you got the hardest done. next pull the two springs off the posts and grab ahold the slide bar from each side it just pulls straight up. unclip the wires from the bar. now set it aside Now the major problem the fellow said that happens is that there is either a Loose connection of the pots , or a loose wire or A Broke wire so just start out at where the wires come out from the pedals and follow them to the circuit board. check both pedals the same way. I followed the blue wire to the left pedal and it was pinched and broke. so got a small pair of strippers a soldering iron and a piece of shrink tubing Stripped the wire twisted them back together put the tubing on heated it and your ready to re assemble. before you do check to see if any dowel pins or wheels are laying under the pedals I had 2 Look at the top of the pedals and you will see how they go. there are 4 on top and 4 under the pedals make sure you put them back. a lot less friction. go to CH Pro pedals Bad 2. For the finish.

greatengine
Airman

CH Pro Pedals Bad 2.

Post by greatengine »

So to finish up. Make sure that the pot that sets in the middle there is a bar with a slot that is hooked to the pot make sure the bar is straight up and down now lift carefully and put the two halves back together. next look inside and put the bar with the slot on the pin that is on the front of the slide bar. than make sure that the pins that are on the pedals go back in the slot now push it all down squeeze the corner and put a screw in put all 4 in the screws in the corners than go plug it in and try your test page and when you push down on your left brake you will see your crosshair move from side to side. I have 2 sets I rebuilt and the same problem was the same wire. And you do not need to spend the million hours that I did. So without spending a $100.00 and shipping or trying to find someone to fix them or spending $179.00 for a new set. you got it done for 30 minutes worth of work. also the fellow told me the circuit board is pretty much Bullet proof and the same with the pots. I went and replaced the pot with a brand new one in the left pedal. Didn't Need it so I wouldn't mess them. I had bought the original pots from Ch. One more tip if you do remove the pots be sure to mark the side and on side of gear as the pot has to be centered just the way it came out. Well I hope this will get every flyer out there that has this problem flying. Im sorry I had to use 3 forums but there wasn't enough room in one forum. So Enjoy and happy Flying!!!!! Greatengine

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: CH Pro Pedals Bad 2.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great advice, I've merged the topics for you so its all in one thread.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

greatengine
Airman

Post by greatengine »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Great advice, I've merged the topics for you so its all in one thread.

thanks,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis If this helps get anyone that has this problem, it will of all been worth it. Im not a brain like you but when it comes to Mechanical I can fix or build just abou't anything . Ive been a Machinist and tool and die maker for over 50 years Retired Now. and just enjoy flying. My Sims. Ive In the past built a simulator with 2 way axis vertical and horizontal all built of pvc pipe with the cage inside. Joystick under the seat. with everything hooked up right it leaves you feel suspended and felt like you were really flying. anyway got to hard to get in and out. so now I bought a Volair Sim with a beautiful bucket seat. Length and width and height can all be adjusted. it has bars to hang 2 outside monitors on with a monitor in the center. so my goal is next to buy the biggest baddest tower computer and the two other monitors and Ill have about the best sim I could ever ask for. So thanks for combining my Forums I really appreciate it. So Before I quit My uncle back in the early days had 3 piper cubs. I went for a visit and he took me up over the grand caynon hes got the side door open hanging almost by his heels he tells me take over while he takes pictures I was 13 years old when this took place. You know I took the stick and flew it it all right. Well Thanks again. Greatengine.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds like quite the experience for a 13 year old hehe. Oh and if you like the mechanical stuff with a sim twist, we have several users on the forums that are documenting there sim cockpit builds. Heres one of the latest, a home build for a P-51 simpit with lots of puzzles and creative solutions for little problems;

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 93&t=40795

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support”