A2A Introduces the Accu-Sim Piper Comanche 250

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A Introduces the Accu-Sim Piper Comanche 250

Post by Tim-HH »

I just read on AirDailyX that "According to Jake, release is expected this upcoming weekend" :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

HAFPilot17
Airman First Class

Post by HAFPilot17 »

Friday, june 19 , I have my birthday.Release it tommorow or the day after tomorrow.I want this as a gift! (Turning 18 yo!)

davidal
Airman

Post by davidal »

Honestly, with this level of videos it is difficult to refrain yourself from purchasing as soon as released...

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Wahoo, Froogle just posted a video. Which means he's back.

If its released on Friday, Scott will possibly share it with Froogle on Thursday for an early review.

I hope A2A give Froogle a chance to express his enthusiasm.
I enjoyed his "First Impressions" of the C182 far more than his "Second Impressions".

Just my opinion, sorry.

edit: Turns out I was wrong. Having watched the video, Froogle made it from the conference from what I could see. Hopefully he'll be back soon and testing anyway.

(and I just think that Froogle's enthusiasm is better suited to reviews than to reading shopping lists of features)
Last edited by tbaac on 17 Jun 2015, 16:53, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

ftrusky
Senior Airman

Post by ftrusky »

I can only watch the videos so many times. Need the manual to read. :lol:
Frank

Rig #1: I7 4770 @ 4.3,16GB @ 2133, Nv GTX780, 1TB Sansung SSD, 40" Sony KDL 40EX500,CH Prod, Bose Comp. 5, W7 64
Rig #2: I7 2700 @ 4.6, 8GB @ 1866, Nv GTX580, C=256GB SSD, E&F=2 X 600 V-raps, 30" Dell, CH Prod, Bose Comp. 5, W7 64

stevekirks
Senior Airman

Post by stevekirks »

Quick question:

Without disclosing a trade secret, can you quickly explain how the unique stall behavior is coded? Is it something that's in the Accusim DLLs that you tweak for this aircraft, or is it those DLLs and standard FSX/P3D files to make it behave this way?

Watching the video for the 4th time, I was amazed to see the sim Comanche stall behavior so much like the real Comanche in the video. I know it can't be a hard coded routine, so I just wondered how you pulled that off.

By the way, I'm pretty sure I would pay $$$ for a "making of" video where the A2A team gets in front of the camera and tells the silly stories that *must* exist about getting these birds built.
Steve Kirks
KSGF
ImageImage

stevekirks
Senior Airman

Post by stevekirks »

I'm pretty sure a Comanche is on the cover of the EAA Airventure NOTAM this year:

http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/airven ... -notam.pdf
Steve Kirks
KSGF
ImageImage

stevekirks
Senior Airman

Post by stevekirks »

Wondering out loud:

* What goodies will the rest of the Accusim fleet get once the Comanche is out?
* Watched the video (5th time!) and noticed on gear retraction, the nose gear door moves out slightly then inward, matching the correct lever action of the door attached to the strut. Simply amazing!
* Looked on the real life sites for Comanches for sale...stunningly inexpensive for what you get.
* Will these avionics get swapped in to the other GA planes, replicating the "mismatch" of real life aircraft?

Steve
Steve Kirks
KSGF
ImageImage

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

stevekirks wrote:Will these avionics get swapped in to the other GA planes, replicating the "mismatch" of real life aircraft?
People bitched because the Cherokee avionics had Cessna needles, so I'd say that is a definite no. :mrgreen:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Bruce Hamilton wrote:
stevekirks wrote:Will these avionics get swapped in to the other GA planes, replicating the "mismatch" of real life aircraft?
People bitched because the Cherokee avionics had Cessna needles, so I'd say that is a definite no. :mrgreen:
LoL I wasnt going to post but yes hehe :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Manor
Senior Airman

Post by Manor »

Thanks A2A, this will be a great addition to the accu-fleet!

Check this lady out - Sheila Scott flew her Comanche 260B (not a 250 but anyway) G-ATOY around the world during 33 days in 1966!
She flew a total distance of 24,570nm with an average speed of 31.4 knots including stops!
The plane was all cluttered with good luck wishes:

Here she is taking off from London to Cape Town for a record attempt in 1967:
https://youtu.be/82NniyU5i_g

stevekirks
Senior Airman

Post by stevekirks »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Bruce Hamilton wrote:
LoL I wasnt going to post but yes hehe :mrgreen:
I was referring to the radio stack more than the gauges.

Also:

South African knock-off of the Comanche:

http://www.saravin.com/Specifications.html
Steve Kirks
KSGF
ImageImage

Tol3458
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Tol3458 »

A cool idea that made for a nice video…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrP1R0v0qMY

…but this knock-off has a deadly record…

http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=164714

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... crash.html

…especially considering that only 17 of these things have ever been flown. Better stick with the real McCoy.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Can't wait to get this aircraft I am having my computer wiped clean and will not load it down the only thing I will have on it is FSX and my instant messengers and Itunes

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Manor wrote:Thanks A2A, this will be a great addition to the accu-fleet!

Check this lady out - Sheila Scott flew her Comanche 260B (not a 250 but anyway) G-ATOY around the world during 33 days in 1966!
She flew a total distance of 24,570nm with an average speed of 31.4 knots including stops!
The plane was all cluttered with good luck wishes:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sheila Scott was quite the aviatrix in her day, setting over 100 world records, some of which still stand. She flew around the world 3 times between 1966 and 1971 in various Piper products. Initially she hires a Comanche 250F for racing around Europe, and a Comanche 400 for a number of speed records around Europe, After that, she bought a Comanche 260 for her long distance flights as it had a better range than the 400. The 260 was registered G-ATOY and named "Myth Too". Unfortunately, this plane was written off in 1979 due to engine failure on take-off after it had set 94 records, being owned by Max Coote at the time. No-one was hurt, and the remains are now on display at the National Museum of Flight in Scotland. Here's a link and some pictures from the crash report:

http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=19762

Another picture:

For her 1971 world flight, Sheila bought a Piper Aztec D (named "Mythre", reg G-AYTO), in which she set more records, including becoming the first woman to fly over the North Pole solo. The flight took her from the equator to the pole then back to the equator where she resumed her flight westbound, against prevailing winds. Alas, this plane was written of when it was returned to the Piper factory for overhaul in 1972, in the same storm that wrecked all the tooling for the Comanche. All her wealth was tied up in that plane and as a result, she flew no more. She started her working life as a nurse in WW2, then post war became an actress and model gaining roles in British theatre and film, and was founder and first govenor of the British chapter of the "99's", an asscociation of female pilots founded by Amelia Earhart. She wrote 3 books including an autobiography "Barefoot in the Sky" and was given an OBE in 1968. Tragically, she died in poverty in 1988 from lung cancer at the age of 61.

If you're interested in reading a more detailed account of her flights, here's a couple more links:
http://www.soloflights.org/scott_text_e.html

http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/ ... heila.html

It would be great if a repaint of "Myth Too" could be applied to the upcoming A2A Comanche, in tribute to her, as she is largely forgotten although deeply linked to the history of Piper's Comanche.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”