TacPack for A2A Warbirds

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
Mickey
Airman

TacPack for A2A Warbirds

Post by Mickey »

Further to discussions on the linked thread (viewtopic.php?#p327641)

In recent times, the issue of TacPack functionality for A2A warbirds has been a subject of discussion out there on VRS forums also. Gibo (a power user on VRS forums) has been trying to get the guns working on A2A WWII warbirds.

During the ensuing discussions, VRS developers said that they are "ready and willing and able, to bring WWII/Korean era weapons online with very little notice and would love to help A2A bring some of their WWII a/c online with Tacpack".

Relevant extract of Jon's statement is,
VRS Varmint wrote:...............VRS has always been very responsive to both inquiries and technical assistance with partner developers. We would love to help A2A bring some of their WWII A/C online with the TacPack............

As to our part, we're ready willing and able to bring other WWII/Korean era weapons online with very little notice, but we're not going to waste time developing new systems until there's a player that actually wants to get serious. We've already brought some systems including WWII bombs, some rockets and even a gyroscopic gunsight into the shipping TacPack. They are already there ready to be used.

I've spoken to Scott on a number of occasions both via email and on the phone, and the last time we spoke I reiterated that we were more than willing to help them get started. I'd estimate giving any WWII aircraft the full TacPack treatment would take 2-4 weeks. It's complex avionics that take the most time, but with WWII-era stuff it's a cake walk. Yet despite the ease of implementation coupled with our willingness to provide free support, we've heard nothing from A2A regarding their intentions for well over a year now. While VRS would see a benefit in terms of being able to reach out to new customers, It's their own sales that would likely benefit the most, and the good will generated by fulfilling some of their customers wishes wouldn't be trivial either.....................................
More details are available on this thread (viewtopic.php?f=49&t=14526&start=0)

Like I said in my post on the above referred thread....I have a lot of respect for A2A as quality developers of FSX airplanes. If they have chosen to stay away from modding their airplanes with TacPack functionality for so long....it's their decision, and I'm sure they have some very good reasons to do so.

However, through this post, I only wish to urge A2A to reconsider their decision. TacPack is a good product, just like A2A airplanes. It's integration will only add to the realism and functionality of A2A warbirds and make the simulation more enjoyable.

I do hope to see this integration happen, sooner than later.

Cheers,

Mickey

oldpop
Airman Basic

Re: TacPack for A2A Warbirds

Post by oldpop »

Scott, Ron Folse from Pensacola. The addition of the VRS TP weapons to A2A's Beautiful WW2/post WW2 a/c would bring serious flight sim'er back to the days of MicroSoft Combat Flight Simulator(s)! They seem to have had a great following, even today still being flown. Notice I said "flown" not "played".
The Warbird Sim's of today lack the expertise that A2A has placed in your birds!
Please consider the addition of TP to your a/c. I for one would pay for the additions, like the "ACCU" series of patches. :wink: :wink: :wink:

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Sounds like a splendid idea.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Mickey
Airman

Post by Mickey »

oldpop wrote:...............Please consider the addition of TP to your a/c. I for one would pay for the additions, like the "ACCU" series of patches. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Thanks for the headsup Pop.

There is a 'thought' that A2A are not taking up the "modification", because there isn't enough interest in the TP enabled A2A birds. When one looks at the number of posts on these forums, related to this subject..... I am beginning to wonder also.

Maybe if all folks who are actually interested...and who would be willing to make the purchase...chime in out here, one could assess the potential size of the number of interested users????? :?: :?: :?: :|

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I think there has always been an interest in weaponized warbirds but an ongoing stigma has been put in place over the years due to the piloting side of FSX. No real FSX pilot is willing to admit(openly) that they would in fact like to drop a bomb or rip off a strip of rounds. These are the same folks that turn to Steam to let off a little gunpowder steam. :lol:
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Mickey
Airman

Post by Mickey »

jeepinforfun wrote:..........................No real FSX pilot is willing to admit(openly) that they would in fact like to drop a bomb or rip off a strip of rounds.......................
"REALLY" :D :?

Been with a bunch of VM's in the last 10 odd years of FSX MP, and about all that everyone out there did was drop bombs or shoot stuff (or simulate doing that).

Earlier in the decade, we used to 'mod' the airplanes with smoke/flare effects to 'simulate' rocket/gun tracer fire. Then Captain Sim came along with their "Weapons" and now the TacPack. :D

Personally, I think, a community always existed for FSX and weapons. But that's me mate.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Maybe used a poor choice of words Mickey, which I do often and I meant no offense but do you see a long list of users posting here, I don't. I think if the mods answer here they will say the same thing that they have said all along when dealing with questions about this subject.

As you can see from my post above I am all for it, I would love to drop some bombs from the B-17 after a long flight over Europe, the question is, will A2A come around or stand by their past stance.

I stand by my the essence statement, minus the poor wording of course. :)
Take care, Brett

Marvis
Airman

Post by Marvis »

I will like A2A warbirds with guns, some extra fun... but not really worry if dont happen... :|

Mickey
Airman

Post by Mickey »

jeepinforfun wrote:..........and I meant no offense......................
:D lol....and none taken mate. It's all good.
jeepinforfun wrote:...............but do you see a long list of users posting here, I don't..................
No, I don't.
And I hear you totally.

If there was enough response from the community, A2A would have taken note.
I agree with you totally.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Guys, just so you get official response in the thread. No plans for this at present, as noted the demand isn't there for us to add what users can already add themselves using the TacPack program. Development is always dynamic though so that isn't to say it wont come in the future we just have no plans at present.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Mickey
Airman

Post by Mickey »

Thanks Lewis. :(

Appreciate the official response. I understand the reasons, completely.

Thanks again.

tgycgijoes
Airman

Post by tgycgijoes »

I for one would like to see the integration of TacPack and A2A fighters. I love these warbirds as well as the civilian aircraft. FSX scenery and the new addons that keep coming make it a fantastic platform. The Accusim is just out of sight in realism. I have been in flight simulation since FS2000 with old vacuum formed flight controls to get the best there was at the time. I now have a full Saitek setup both Yoke and X52 plus rudder pedals and a Goflight quadrant for multi-engine aircraft like the CRJ I fly with Virtual Skywest. I am not a programmer though I have created XML gauges for those WWII aircraft like the B-13 trainer that did not exist in the panel. So, I do not know how much work is involved to integrate the TacPack, but I for one personally think it would be an incentive for a lot of IL2 and DCS pilots to come over to A2A and FSX especially with the FSX@War looking like its going to happen. I have no interest in the Superbug though I am former Navy Aviation (P3s) so no TacPack purchase yet but I would be there buying and downloading in a heartbeat if A2A integrated it. I hear scuttlebutt that there are some WWII weapons already in it. All the rest of you guys that feel like I do step up to the plate (forum) and add your input here so that A2A knows there are enough of us to make it worth their while.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

what's the point of flying a warbirds if you cant fire the guns... in a game/simulator I don't see any problem with shooting down other planes or bombing things...it's not real life That's why it's called a game.

Real life on the other hand....
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

jabloomf1230
Airman First Class

Post by jabloomf1230 »

A poster (gibo) on the official VRS forum has spelled out how to enable the TacPack gun for the A2A P51. Of course, once you modify the cfg files for the P51, you will no longer get support from A2A.

Mickey
Airman

Post by Mickey »

jabloomf1230 wrote:A poster (gibo) on the official VRS forum has spelled out how to enable the TacPack gun for the A2A P51.
Gibo undertook those mod's after getting them cleared with A2A.
jabloomf1230 wrote:............ Of course, once you modify the cfg files for the P51, you will no longer get support from A2A.
:)

Yup. And, that was the whole purpose of this thread mate.

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”