Requesting Repaint ( N5039H) c-172

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
N5039H
Airman First Class

Requesting Repaint ( N5039H) c-172

Post by N5039H »

I need a repaint done for the Cessna 172. The model in the Pictures is a 172N model but... It is my uncles aircraft, I leaned how to fly in this bird soloed in her and still continue to fly her when i can. I have a deep spot in my heart for this aircraft, and all ways will. I would just love to have it in FSX. So if ainbody is up for the task i would be very very very thankful, And you would bring a very rewarding touch to my flight sim. Thanks...David

N5039H
Airman First Class

Re: Requesting Repaint ( N5039H) c-172

Post by N5039H »

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/mq3y6nrclemc ... SAHkevLRKa

The pictures are above in the link posted... Thanks :)

N5039H
Airman First Class

Post by N5039H »

bump

N5039H
Airman First Class

Post by N5039H »

Bump....... PM me if you can do this for me are help me do it myself. I have never repainted in my life, so i have no knowledge on how to do this.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Sent you a PM on this.

If you really want to take it on yourself, you would need some software that allows graphics modifications of photos, i.e. PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro, Gimp, or another along that line. Almost all work on aircraft repaints requires knowledge of doing 'layer' work within the above software. Not that I want to discourage you in learning, the more the merrier, but I will say that the learning curve is rather steep, and time consuming. There are numerous YouTube videos on how to do various functions used in repainting, though you may have to dig into some photographic subjects to find them.

This video may give you an idea of the involvement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jRFtx-SA8
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Completed.

David, let me know of any issues.
Al Heline

Republic DC-9
Airman

Post by Republic DC-9 »

Is this gorgeous repaint available to the general public someplace?

I cannot find a download link?

Thank you,

Steve

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Republic DC-9 wrote:Is this gorgeous repaint available to the general public someplace?

I cannot find a download link?

Thank you,

Steve

Although given permission to, I apparently never did make this one public. It was modeled on photos by the owner of the RL bird, and is available here:

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/juddfss06 ... N5039H.zip
Al Heline

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

I'm seeing the real pictures showing a red plane.

Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

EightyFiftyFive wrote:I'm seeing the real pictures showing a red plane.

Don't know what to tell you. I see your 'red' but I worked with the nephew of the owner to set the color and if I recall, changed the shade a couple of times (away from true Cessna red). I worked from the same photos of the 'real plane'. All I can suggest is 7-8 years of sun fading away from the color of the original paint. My trust goes with someone that personally knows the aircraft, and he appeared quite satisfied with the final results when we finished.

If someone is requesting a repaint in the red that the photos show, I would be glad to redo the colors as I am sure I still have the work copies (PSD files) of my work.

P.S. I passed every color blind test that the USAF had while I was in; have 'white balanced' cataract lenses (both eyes) and work with photography (using Photoshop CS6) almost on a daily basis.
Al Heline

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

I see, Not knocking your work at all as you did a fantastic job. I can see a bit of oxidation but it is more of a red on the pic from his site then in the actual model, i mean you can clearly see the difference but i guess the other pics you used must of showed more of the orange coming through since oxidation can also have that effect, it's just not that bad in the pic i posted so again more red is coming through.

Sometimes people have their monitors set up different so i thought the colors might of looked a bit different on your monitor, just sayin. This is why i use all default colors so that the colors come out right on other computers most of the time but not always. This is also why it's hard to make a paint look right as some people may see things in different shades anyway.

I also use CS6 and I think it's the only way to go. Again, Nice job on this one. Glad the customer is satisfied too. Looking forward to more of your work. Cheers! 8)

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Well 80-55, it certainly did appear as a knock. If you will take the time and look at my other work, I think you will find that I am very meticulous in my colors, especially if I am doing an actual aircraft and even more critically if I am doing it for someone that KNOWS the RL bird. I do do some for fun, where the colors may be those of Superflight Color or Starfire (color charts) but also, I go to the manufacturers sites and pluck the colors out of their catalogs. My screen, a Samsung SyncMaster T220 is calibrated and checked often because of the color work I do in photography. Therefore your comments did strike a nerve this morning, because it was an unwarranted attack on my ability to match a color that you THOUGHT was wrong. If you were to download the files and load the bird on your computer, I think you would find that there is considerable oxidation and wear on the bird in addition to the shade of red.

I may not have done as many paint jobs as you and I have taken a couple months off recently, but I am certainly not new to repainting birds and take pride in every one I do....ONLY after my customer is happy. To the best of my knowledge, you have not been one of my customers.

This is the end of discussion from me on this matter. Medically, I don't need this CRAP !
Al Heline

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

OK! Me either!

new reply

Return to “Repainters”