Senior Master Sergeant

Old girl looks good in P3Dv2.3

Post by taildraggin68 »

Just an evening stroll..........

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Re: Old girl looks good in P3Dv2.3

Post by Mazo »

Oh man -- those are absolutely gorgeous shots! The shadows in P3DV2.3 are stunning, IMHO! Gotta love A2A and P3D! :D :D
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Thanks Lyn, It's getting better now that some of the performance issues are being addressed...it is nice to be able to enjoy some, if not all of the effects in P3D now...Add in the A2A realism you have a visually immersive package that makes computer VFR flying so much fun 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great screen shots thanks for posting. Glad to see her working well in the latest P3D.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

joepoway
Airman First Class

Post by joepoway »

I have been running the A2A C172 "designed" for P3D in the latest version P3Dv2.3 and love it. I have been hesitant to load my A2A Piper J-3 Cub using the Estonia tool into my clean install for fear the new AccuSim core updater would not find the aircraft in P3D.

Are you able to update the Piper Cub with the new A2A updater that looks for all the aircraft, it definitely finds my C172 but I was wondering if it would find my Piper Cub if I load it with the Estonia tool.

Also are there any performance issues or does everything work fine? I have heard the Piper Cub seems to be OK and haven't heard anything about a P3D release like they did with the C172.

As a note I also own the A2A FSX versions of C172, Piper Cub, B-17, and Civilian Mustang and wish they all would work in P3Dv2.3 since I rarely fly FSX anymore!

Joe
ImageImage
ImageImage

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Joe,
I have a copy of the FSX.exe in my P3DV2.3 folder and have never had to use any tool to install the A2A aircraft. You mentioned that you have FSX also so just copy the FSX.exe and paste it into the P3DV2.3 folder. It causes no harm there.

The A2A C172 and Cherokee have FSX and P3D versions and you must use the P3D version in P3D and the FSX version in FSX. The others can be installed into P3D without issue. I have the B17, P47, P51 and Piper Cub installed into my P3D program. When you run the installer for the aircraft, it will tell you where it is going to install -- it will be your FSX install. Simply click on the "Browse" button, locate and click on the P3D installation and it will correctly install the aircraft.

The new updater will indeed find and update all of the A2A aircraft. You select either FSX or P3D when that panel comes up. The same updater works for both platforms. If you have the FSX version of the C172 and/or Cherokee in P3D, the installer will tell you that it is the incorrect version and not update them.

Good luck and enjoy!
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Yours Truly
Airman Basic

Post by Yours Truly »

joepoway wrote:I have been running the A2A C172 "designed" for P3D in the latest version P3Dv2.3 and love it. I have been hesitant to load my A2A Piper J-3 Cub using the Estonia tool into my clean install for fear the new AccuSim core updater would not find the aircraft in P3D.

Are you able to update the Piper Cub with the new A2A updater that looks for all the aircraft, it definitely finds my C172 but I was wondering if it would find my Piper Cub if I load it with the Estonia tool.

Also are there any performance issues or does everything work fine? I have heard the Piper Cub seems to be OK and haven't heard anything about a P3D release like they did with the C172.

As a note I also own the A2A FSX versions of C172, Piper Cub, B-17, and Civilian Mustang and wish they all would work in P3Dv2.3 since I rarely fly FSX anymore!

Joe
I'm not sure about Accu-Sim, but the base Cub works fine by just copying the Simobjects folder and the A2A folder to FSX. You might want to copy the effects in the Effects folder too (they start with fx_A2A AFAIK); landing on water w/ tundras doesn't have any effect to them if you don't, I believe.
Image Image

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”