Cherokee 180 Paintkit

The Low Wing Wonder
Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cherokee 180 Paintkit

Post by Michal - A2A »

Guys, first post is updated with links to GIMP, Paint.NET and early Photoshop paintkits.

I'm not a GIMP or Paint.NET user, but I've created native versions and tried to make them look as close to the original as possible. If there are any issues please, let me know.

Nemo
Airman Basic

Post by Nemo »

Hello everyone.

I'm new here. Congratulations on the Cherokee! I have a lot of real world experience with the 180C, and you have created something very special here.

One quick question. I had a look at the paint kit and I can only see the red, gold and white N832PW scheme. Will you be adding the other paint schemes included in the release to the kit eventually?

If not, can anyone share a Photoshop file for either the red or blue factory paint schemes that would allow me to easily change the aircraft registration?

Thanks,

Nemo.

budmorgan
Staff Sergeant

Post by budmorgan »

Thanks Mike! Your kits are so easy to work with. Thank you for keeping it simple :)

Cheers!

Bud
Buddy Morgan

ImageImageImage

i5 2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB - EVGA GTX 570 Fermi

detheridge02
Airman First Class

Post by detheridge02 »

Hi all
I'm a long time FSX user but have never tried repainting any aircraft. Is there a dummies guide on what to do anywhere? I have photoshop and GIMP so that's covered :D
Thanks
Dave
---
ImageImage

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

Nemo wrote:One quick question. I had a look at the paint kit and I can only see the red, gold and white N832PW scheme. Will you be adding the other paint schemes included in the release to the kit eventually?
I've left just one example livery to keep the file size low. I'll try to find the best way to release the factory paints too.
budmorgan wrote:Thanks Mike! Your kits are so easy to work with. Thank you for keeping it simple :)

Cheers!

Bud
Thanks!

Nemo
Airman Basic

Post by Nemo »

Michal - A2A wrote:I've left just one example livery to keep the file size low. I'll try to find the best way to release the factory paints too.
Thanks Michal.

gdzukowski
Airman First Class

Post by gdzukowski »

I am trying to use the GIMP kit, but whenever I try to paint anything, no color is shown... Any clues?

Daniel

N673DZ - C172R
N674DZ - PA28 - 180

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

Try to create new layer above 'PAINT HERE' one and paint there.

gdzukowski
Airman First Class

Post by gdzukowski »

That worked! I can paint, but the new layer seems to be drawing on everything, so that the lines and rivets are no longer visible under the color. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks,

Daniel

N673DZ - C172R
N674DZ - PA28 - 180

gdzukowski
Airman First Class

Post by gdzukowski »

Fixed my own problem... The opacity of the "PAINT HERE" layer was set to 0% for some reason. I set it to 100% and it is working as it should!

Thanks for your help Michal!

Daniel

N673DZ - C172R
N674DZ - PA28 - 180

TommiMD11
Airman

Post by TommiMD11 »

Is it possible to get an Paintkit for the Interior?
ImageImageImageImageImage

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

Hi Michal,

For future reference, I also am a GIMP user. I am happy you released a GIMP version. Thank you so much.

Mike

p.s. Never painted before but planning on giving it a try. Love the Cherokee so much!

mjrhealth
Airman

Post by mjrhealth »

Gimp will open PSD format ones too. Than you save them in Gimp format for editing. There is a PSD plugin.

HighAlpha
Airman First Class

Post by HighAlpha »

Michal - A2A wrote:
Nemo wrote:One quick question. I had a look at the paint kit and I can only see the red, gold and white N832PW scheme. Will you be adding the other paint schemes included in the release to the kit eventually?
I've left just one example livery to keep the file size low. I'll try to find the best way to release the factory paints too.
budmorgan wrote:Thanks Mike! Your kits are so easy to work with. Thank you for keeping it simple :)

Sorry to be a bother, I've downloaded the Cherokee Paint kit for both GIMP and Paint.net. I cant seem to find that Red and Gold paint scheme for N832PW as mentioned above. Did something change with the paint kit recently? If so, is there any way I can get that paint scheme?

Thanks

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

HighAlpha wrote: Sorry to be a bother, I've downloaded the Cherokee Paint kit for both GIMP and Paint.net. I cant seem to find that Red and Gold paint scheme for N832PW as mentioned above. Did something change with the paint kit recently? If so, is there any way I can get that paint scheme?

Thanks
Could you try to open the PSD file in GIMP? The red paint is in that file only.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”