Questions Regarding Multi-Monitor Setup

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
mattmcgonegle
Airman Basic

Questions Regarding Multi-Monitor Setup

Post by mattmcgonegle »

I have a 5760X1080 display(3 1920x1080 monitors). Using 3D Lights Redux, had problem with runway lights. This was easily solved by putting back "Textures/halo.bmp" file that was created by someone for when user has multi-monitors. But this got me thinking, all lights should be modified for such condition. Essentially, they're reduced in size to 25%. I zoomed in real close(i.e. as if I was standing 6' away) to a wing navigation light, and the "blinking" made clearly evident that the rectangular displayed .bmp encompassed a fairly sizeable amount of display. It looked pretty hoaky. I then looked at(in Irfanview) the A2a halo.bmp vs. downsized (for multi monitor)halo.bmp. There are 4 light patterns involved. In Irfanview, I re-sized to 25%, the A2A halo.bmp then attempted to cut and paste each of the 4 star patterns on top of their respective location in the other halo.bmp. Bottom line, they never displayed in FSX(when looking at airport in top-down view). I apparently didn't get the star patterns exactly where they should be in the .bmp file.(And that would be difficult to do consistently).

Question:
- What would be your suggestion/solution for all the lights involved with your product with respect to multi-monitor displays. I would suspect a sizeable amount of the FSX community has this situation(i.e. a multi-monitor display).
Thx In Advance
-and thx for the product...very nice!

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”