Issues with C172 Trrainer - Missing Graphics

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ahooee
Airman Basic

Issues with C172 Trrainer - Missing Graphics

Post by ahooee »

Hi

I bought and installed A2A C172 Trainer today. However I do not get the airplane in its complete form; the graphics (interior and exterior) appear partially and many of airplane parts are missing. I installed Direct X as well as the Core Update 1.6 plus re installing SimConnect. How ever the issue still exists. Any advice?

Thanks

Reza

Burgman

Re: Issues with C172 Trrainer - Missing Graphics

Post by Burgman »

Version of FSX?

You probably need to install FSX SP2

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

and welcome to the A2A simulation community and support forums. The issue you have is a common one that catches out new people to the sim and also some veteran simmers when re-installing. In order to use many add on's of course make sure you are up to date you will want to make sure your make sure you have the two FSX service packs or the Acceleration expansion package which includes the two service packs.

Once you install the two FSX service packs from Microsoft you will be able to use the Accu-sim C172 Trainer and most other add on aircraft that require FSX SP2.

Here's a link to the MS website;
http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games ... fault.aspx

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ahooee
Airman Basic

Post by ahooee »

Many thanks for your replies; I should have mentioned that I am using FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration pack which does not require SP2. Nevertheless, I am still facing the issue. Is there anything you advise me to try?

Thanks

Reza

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

99% of the time the issue is due to SP2 or acceleration not being installed so its worth checking your installation of the sim and running the repair feature from the disc's.

1% of the time it can be third party issues or a sharder issue. For example ezdok camera software requires a config program to be run at the installation of all new aircraft, so if an ezdok user please refer to the manual or support forums/channel for that software.

We have one shader issue in all the years supporting FSX, in which a users shader cache was corrupt for fsx. You can delete the shader cache in FSX and at the next sim start a new one will be generated.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

ahooee
Airman Basic

Post by ahooee »

I re-installed Acceleration from its CD, and it solved the problem.

Many thanks

szcsongor
Airman Basic

Post by szcsongor »

Sorry to revive this old topic but I have the same problem now in P3D v4.
Parts of the model is missing, like the top layer of the wings, half of the pitot tube and the part between the propeller and the engine (so the propeller looks like hanging in the air, unattached to the airplane :)).
I also have the C182 and I don't have this problem with that.

Can it be a shader issue? I use tomato shader (also for aircraft reflections), which might do something with the model in the sim. But then it would do the same with the C182...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

szcsongor wrote:Sorry to revive this old topic but I have the same problem now in P3D v4.
Parts of the model is missing, like the top layer of the wings, half of the pitot tube and the part between the propeller and the engine (so the propeller looks like hanging in the air, unattached to the airplane :)).

Can it be a shader issue? I use tomato shader (also for aircraft reflections), which might do something with the model in the sim. But then it would do the same with the C182...
Hello,

it best to post new threads for your issues so we can better help you troubleshoot particular issues. In this case it sounds like one of your camera add-ons you are using is causing you to see the internal model when in external mode.

thanks,
Lewis

szcsongor
Airman Basic

Post by szcsongor »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
szcsongor wrote:Sorry to revive this old topic but I have the same problem now in P3D v4.

Hello,

it best to post new threads for your issues so we can better help you troubleshoot particular issues. In this case it sounds like one of your camera add-ons you are using is causing you to see the internal model when in external mode.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi,

Yes, sorry, I should have started a new topic here as well.
In the meantime I could fix the problem.
You were right, when hovering out from the plane selecting an inside camera in Chaseplane, I get that faulty model. When selecting an outside cam, everything is perfect.
I guess case resolved :)

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”