PV270 - Brendon Deere MkIX - fictional repaint for WOP3 MkII

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
Kiwi Spitfire
Senior Airman

Re: PV270 - Brendon Deere MkIX - fictional repaint for WOP3

Post by Kiwi Spitfire »

ha yep I can confirm that for you Adam - here is a pic taken yesterday of PV270 over in the Biggin Hill hangar at Ohakea.

Thanks so much for the skin also Adam, managed to track down a copy from AussieX. Is there any chance of a bit of exhaust whitening along the sides? It def isn't new and shiny anymore :wink:

Also a link to the Biggin Hill site for anyone that is interested..the first pic really shows up that whitening behind the exhausts also.

http://www.spitfirepv270.co.nz/virtual.htm

Cheers 8)
ImageImageImageImageImage

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha | Intel i7-6700K@ 4.5Ghz O/C | G-Skill 16GB 2800MHz DDR4 RAM | Asus Strix 6GB nVidia GTX980ti | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M2 | Phillips 32" Display | TrackIR |Win10 64bit.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Kiwi Spitfire wrote:Is there any chance of a bit of exhaust whitening along the sides? It def isn't new and shiny anymore :wink:
Also a link to the Biggin Hill site for anyone that is interested..the first pic really shows up that whitening behind the exhausts also.
Thanks for the confirmation :-)

I'm sure the whitening would add a touch of realism. Definitely worth a go! Any other tweaks or weathering effects you can think while I'm at it? I think my repaint is of a fairly pristine aircraft. One would hope the real thing stays more or less that way also, LOL!

Just got back from the Ardmore show today. Doug Brooker's Spit displayed - along with the P-40 and 9 Harvards. A great day, but poorly attended for some reason. I suspect NZ Warbirds didn't publicise it too well :-( Shame ... they need every dollar to keep their fleet going.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Kiwi Spitfire
Senior Airman

Post by Kiwi Spitfire »

Yea that's a shame, not a great deal of publicity I guess.

As far as the condition of PV270 the wing surfaces etc are still in fairly clean condition - the yellow and red tape sections are still clean and bright at the moment, just the sides of the fuse are a bit grubby and have the matt whitening effect from the exhaust gasses I mentioned right down each side (a little hard to see properly in my pic above, but very matte cloudy whitish layer). My mate keeps giving Brendan a hard time saying it needs a good clean lol. I did notice your paint seems pretty pristine!

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha | Intel i7-6700K@ 4.5Ghz O/C | G-Skill 16GB 2800MHz DDR4 RAM | Asus Strix 6GB nVidia GTX980ti | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M2 | Phillips 32" Display | TrackIR |Win10 64bit.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Here's a revision. Back to the green prop and some whitening added. I also made the exhausts blacker (they were rusty/brown before):

... and ... a nice scenic shot to show what art FSX and A2A can produce!

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Kiwi Spitfire
Senior Airman

Post by Kiwi Spitfire »

Nice work - let me know the d/l link when you are done 'revising' :wink:

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Kiwi Spitfire wrote:Nice work - let me know the d/l link when you are done 'revising' :wink:
All done!

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/fil ... iib-pv270/

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Kiwi Spitfire
Senior Airman

Post by Kiwi Spitfire »

Oh no! Black spinner, no prop decals and it now has holes in the leading edge tape :( I love the whitening effect/weathering you have added thou!

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Kiwi Spitfire wrote:Oh no! Black spinner, no prop decals and it now has holes in the leading edge tape :( I love the whitening effect/weathering you have added thou!
WUPS!!!! I zipped up the wrong directory :( ... re-upped the proper (I hope!!) files now - please try again.

Nice pic - though I wonder whether that runway is quite long enough to get that Spit out of there! Even your fitters have walked away, not wanting to witness the attempt :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Kiwi Spitfire
Senior Airman

Post by Kiwi Spitfire »

Figured that may have been the case - looking good now!

Ha this is just out the front of 'My Hangar' at Queenstown airport, beside the Milford Sound Flights hangar...(which is where I will be storing my A2A jets when they are done :wink: )

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Kiwi Spitfire wrote:Ha this is just out the front of 'My Hangar' at Queenstown airport, beside the Milford Sound Flights hangar...
I organised some hangar space of my own - not cheap!!

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Kiwi Spitfire
Senior Airman

Post by Kiwi Spitfire »

HEY! - I paid good money for sole use of that hangar :P

Great scenery down that way huh - love just going for a cruise around the area using my TPC R470, which reminds me I must pop into Base Ops and grab myself a VNC C10 of Queenstown!

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Kiwi Spitfire wrote:Great scenery down that way huh - love just going for a cruise around the area using my TPC R470, which reminds me I must pop into Base Ops and grab myself a VNC C10 of Queenstown!
I'm always amazed at how those B737s and A320s get in there!

To be honest, though - I'm a bit "underwhelmed" by FTX NZQN. Too many floating houses, flashing runway tiles and overall lack of mountain texturing. Considering its location - mountains are the main feature - and deserve the same treatment some of the NA sceneries got.

NZMF is a beaut though!
--
Image--Image

hauntersea1
Airman

Post by hauntersea1 »

one word AMAZING!!!! I have actually met Brendon himself and been up close with PV270 so Im happy i found this

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

hauntersea1 wrote:one word AMAZING!!!! I have actually met Brendon himself and been up close with PV270 so Im happy i found this
Thanks! I've been lucky enough to see PV270 has put on some stunning displays at Ardmore or Tauranga airshows - such a total treat!

Adam.
--
Image--Image

hauntersea1
Airman

Post by hauntersea1 »

This is indeed one amazing aircraft and the repaint of this bird is amazing. definitely one I am keeping in the hanger :D

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”