EZdok EZCA + 172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: EZdok EZCA + 172

Post by CodyValkyrie »

The new version of EZDok has this annoying "shifting" that causes your position to move when you rotate the camera. For example, if I were to look over my right shoulder in the cockpit, my physical position in the cockpit would "shift" to the left or so. You can turn this off by right clicking on mouse look I believe and turning it to zero. Maybe this will help? I do not have the problem you have and have this disabled for all my profiles.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

I think Nico was just describing the problem I mentioned in the original post (that each preflight view is off by one position)

I think what he was getting at is he tried to re-adjust the views to the right positions with ezca's edit buttons but that has the result of modifying the pilot's view which of course is unwanted.

I'm still toying around with various permutations of the cam definitions to see if I can come up with something. I'm not quite sure how A2A's shift-8 screen is coded to read through the definitions. Under normal circumstances the > arrow (which starts the pre-flight) goes to cameradefinition.0 which is the pitot tube, but with the EZCA cam definition in the .cfg it wants to go to that one first. If I change the ordering around it either borks the ezca external cams (like it does if you never ran the ezca config.exe in the first place) or it continually bumps each camera to the next one..

doesn't help that I am dead tired right now :p

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Thanks molleh.

I am not deep fimilar with manually editing EZDOK entries within aircraft.cfg, - but an naive idea maybe..

Molleh, what about trying to bring that "preflight views" into EZDOK as standard EZDOK views? I mean as additional views in my current defined camera list following my defined ones?
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

If you set EZDok up as they instructed, numpad 2 is EDIT mode. So when you thought you were moving around, you was actually editing your pilot view. That's why I selected an external view. Its easier to move around if you have to. I did find though that I didn't have to move very much at all.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

That is something I am going to try next. It would work but would not be quite as elegant as having the pre-flight buttons move the camera along, but you're right it could work. I need to test what happens if the default camera definitions are erased.

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Detected the following now at my system:

->Standard EZDOK Cockpit pilots view.
->Opening Preflight 2D panel.
->Klicking ">" arrow to get to next preflight item (view) in the right direction of preflight flow.
---> Result: As described above huge displacements to where my view should be. Also at aircrafts right side instead of left side.

But

->Klicking "<" arrow to get reversed through preflight items (view) everthing works fine.
->Views are perfect matched to where they should be.

Funny. :D
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

I posted that in my first reply, silly :P

I see what the shift-8 panel is coded to do now (I think.) It simple performs a "shift-s" camera change followed by "a"-key camera presses to move through the camera definitions. So even if you delete every single camera definition except the ezdok universal camera one, it still triggers the "inside the fuselage" view when you click any of the pre-flight buttons.

Adding custom ezca cameras to walk through each inspection area would work but it's still too "dirty", I want it to work properly with no strange behaviors ;)

jgraddon
Senior Airman

Post by jgraddon »

This really is becomming quite a problem. If I shift to an outside view with EZDok I end up in the middle of the nose fuselage and then when I select back to cockpit it just shits around random outside views. Have to mess around with S and A keys then select virtual cockpit from fsx menu to get back inside.

The real issue is I use EZDok all the time with all my aircraft with no problems at all.

Really need this to work.

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

molleh wrote:I posted that in my first reply, silly :P

I see what the shift-8 panel is coded to do now (I think.) It simple performs a "shift-s" camera change followed by "a"-key camera presses to move through the camera definitions. So even if you delete every single camera definition except the ezdok universal camera one, it still triggers the "inside the fuselage" view when you click any of the pre-flight buttons.

Adding custom ezca cameras to walk through each inspection area would work but it's still too "dirty", I want it to work properly with no strange behaviors ;)
Sorry molleh :D

it was early in the morning, besides i had workload with
-troubleshooting
-reading different manuals
-first flight of accusim C172
-promoting and supporting users having problems using the C172 in german forums

:D
P3D v3.2

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Finally I got something sorted out.

Thankfully A2A's scripting for the walk-around panel is XML so I was able to modify it by simple adding an extra "NEXT_SUB_VIEW" command to each station button. This takes care of the walk-around buttons moving the camera to the incorrect station before it.

Unfortunately I can't get the "next station" > arrow to work because it simply calls NEXT_SUB_VIEW. This calls up the EZdok universal camera since it is always next in the "aircraft" camera category. What I did for now is simply remove the "previous station" and "next station" arrows from the interface since they don't work properly with EZCA. Full functionality is still there, you just have to click through the buttons for each station instead of using the navigation arrows. I also modified the tooltip text.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

Any chance you could share this please? It would really nice to be able to do this properly, with having keep moving about.

Great work on getting that sorted, nice job :)
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

I am also interested as Tigerclaw :)
P3D v3.2

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

I would be interested in the xml edits :)
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

I am awaiting permission from Scott to see if I can send out the modified file :idea:

ebaypilot
Airman Basic

Post by ebaypilot »

Molleh any update on sharing that profile?

I've yet to successfully preflight the airplane since release as my views are consistently 1 off from whatever spot the shift+8 pop up says I should be preflighting.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”