A2A Cub helped me get my license

Born to fly
new reply
AndiK
Airman First Class

A2A Cub helped me get my license

Post by AndiK »

A short message from a 32 year old newly baked pilot out of Stockholm, Sweden here.

Just wanted to offer some testimony as to how good the A2A Cub is...

I recently passed my checkride in a flying club which uses Cub-based taildraggers for schooling - for various good reasons, most of which are outlined here: http://airfactsjournal.com/2013/08/why- ... ildragger/

Right about when I started, I found out about this great new Accusim aircraft from A2A, and started flying it daily. I practiced maneuvers, the pattern, radio chatter, and thanks to the accuracy of Accusim, and my stick/pedal setup, could practice things like steep turns, forward slips, side slips and the all important landing flare to my heart's content in the simulator.

During most lessons, like my initial cross country, my instructor was impressed by how I was able to handle the aircraft - and I would usually tell him I had flown the whole lesson five times already in flight simulator...

Thanks to how realistically this aircraft behaves, I was much more prepared for the mechanical aspects of flying, and could focus on flying well instead.

I'd like to thank A2A for saving me a truckload of money on flying lessons! And truly, Accusim is the next best thing to being there. Now bring on the next challenge.

Here's a few pics of the aircraft I flew my lessons in, a EuroCub:

Image Image

And a shot of my lovely Accusimed Cub (with amazing Bushwhacker paintjob), in the late afternoon sky:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: A2A Cub helped me get my license

Post by Gypsy Baron »

That is a great post AndiK, and a great testimonial for the A2A Cub and Accu-Sim!

Very nice screen shots as well.

Paul

Svanen
Airman Basic

Post by Svanen »

Härligt, Frölunda är fint! :-)

Aldrig flygit Eurocub dock, men Dynamic WT-9 har flygit vid ett tillfälle. Varit och studsat med PA-28 annars, när Barkarby fortfarande fanns... :-(

Grattis till flygcertifikatet! :-)

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

congratulations,

the next PPL-Accusimmer got airborne :D

Greets,
Marc

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Congratulations on passing your PPL. And many thanks for sharing your experiences here, its great to hear Accu-sim and the cub helped you through to success.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AndiK
Airman First Class

Post by AndiK »

Thanks for the warm welcome and for the replies, everyone. I've been 'lurking' here for the better part of a year so it's nice to finally come out into the open!

I didn't end up going down the PPL route (no big GA airfields in Stockholm anymore...), and decided to get an UL-B license, which limits me to daytime VFR in two seaters with a 1000 lb gross weight - pretty much what I was looking to fly anyway, and with an average fuel consumption of about 4 gallons an hour, which makes for extremely cheap rental costs ;-)

Had a lovely 'maiden flight' the other day and snapped some pics from the Eurocub:

Here's Gripsholm castle, from 1100 feet.

Lucky for me, A2A have me covered since the next challenge will probably be a Cub on floats - the big dream for me.

I'm still enjoying the Accusim Cub every day and am waiting for the C172 with a lot of anticipation. Once again, thanks everyone!
Last edited by AndiK on 31 Aug 2013, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.

AndiK
Airman First Class

Post by AndiK »

Svanen wrote:Härligt, Frölunda är fint! :-)

Aldrig flygit Eurocub dock, men Dynamic WT-9 har flygit vid ett tillfälle. Varit och studsat med PA-28 annars, när Barkarby fortfarande fanns... :-(

Grattis till flygcertifikatet! :-)
//Swedish Banter

Tack! Och ja, visst är det Frölunda! Well spotted. Cuben är härlig, riktig flygning om man så vill, men Dynamicarna är riktiga små rymdskepp. Skulle vilja veta hur det känns att komma in bakom den där lilla skogsdungen i en PPL-kärra!

Gjorde ett par flyglektioner i Barkis blågula Skyhawk innan de la ner fältet och jag fick byta spår till UL... Jag saknar det. Dock tror jag att jag haft en del fördel av att ta cert på ett pyttefält med sporre... Hoppas PPL-flyget i Stockholm hittar ett hem snart.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Congrats on your license. I have to say that when I was going for my ppl I used accu-feel everyday and saved about $2,500. Definitely top notch products.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”