What Cessna 172 Model?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
PPLimtheworks
Airman

What Cessna 172 Model?

Post by PPLimtheworks »

I am very excited about the release of the Cessna 172 and i was wondering what model will you guys be making? I fly a 2001 Cessna 172SP in the real world.

Jordan
Cessna 172SP
Student Pilot
Check out my Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/DABspotting

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Re: What Cessna 172 Model?

Post by Pistonpilot »

Not that it matters, but I flew a 172R for training and a 172N for fun!

I think Flight1 did a 172R back in the day that made me super-happy because it was exactly what I trained in when I coupled it with RealityXP's Garmin 430.

I'm sure whatever A2A makes will be worth it, classic or modern.

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

N602AC
Senior Airman

Post by N602AC »

Thinking of the A2A C172 with a RXP 530 and 430 setup makes me excited!!

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

I gotta say- I'd love it if the C172 was not brand new and cutting edge. So many of us learned to fly in older models; I trained in a C172K and a C172M. To me, at least, these older planes are the workhorses of flight training. *Full disclaimer- I have not flown or rented a plane in over 10 years, so things may be different today!

Joe
Joe

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Do you guys remember a time not all that long ago before GPS when we had to use VORs and NDBs for navigating. Remember Loran-C lol....accusimmed Loran-C, that would be really cool. :mrgreen:

A hunch tells me that A2A would probably do a pre 80s model, seems to fit their style....somthing more 'vintage' then a new model Maybe a couple models..an old straight tail, an N...etc. Time will tell :) I don't think they were able to contact the RXP folks for Civi P-51, maybe they will have better luck with the GAs. If I were to bet, I would bet A2A would do an older model, with appropriate equipment, while the 'other' developer's 172 will be a post 90s model with the later avionics. I think that dev already has modelling doen for the RXP stuff from their other releaes.

Anyway, we will see

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

pilottj wrote:Do you guys remember a time not all that long ago before GPS when we had to use VORs and NDBs for navigating. Remember Loran-C lol....accusimmed Loran-C, that would be really cool. :mrgreen:

A hunch tells me that A2A would probably do a pre 80s model, seems to fit their style....somthing more 'vintage' then a new model Maybe a couple models..an old straight tail, an N...etc. Time will tell :) I don't think they were able to contact the RXP folks for Civi P-51, maybe they will have better luck with the GAs. If I were to bet, I would bet A2A would do an older model, with appropriate equipment, while the 'other' developer's 172 will be a post 90s model with the later avionics. I think that dev already has modelling doen for the RXP stuff from their other releaes.

Anyway, we will see

Cheers
TJ
Great post! I hope you are right... The 1970 C172K I learned in was 10 years older than I am- damn near gave my parents dual heart attacks (that, and the fact my instructor was only 21)! Cracks in everything, old and dirty, and I loved it! I believe that plane was lost in a non-fatal accident several years back- it went to Delaware where it's seats or seat rails were replaced... Either way, the parts didn't match: pilot went full throttle, the seat unlocked and slid all the way back, and voila! One less C172. It was N46475, the records are probably online somewhere...

No real point to that story, except it came to mind, and to say that a large customer base will likely have been exposed to older aircraft in their GA careers (if they were lucky enough to fly). Probably a lot more so than those who fly brand new or newer aircraft!

Joe
Joe

PPLimtheworks
Airman

Post by PPLimtheworks »

it would be cool if A2A made a 172 then made more models of the 172
Cessna 172SP
Student Pilot
Check out my Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/DABspotting

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

PPLimtheworks wrote:it would be cool if A2A made a 172 then made more models of the 172
Can you imagine Accu-Sim'd versions of a variety of 172s? 40 degrees of flaps on the old models with that cool old-style flap indicator on the windscreen pillar, faded gauge faces, various radio types from basic tune-each-digit models with ADF/VHF progressing all the way up to modern G1000s? Maybe some wood grain panels in the really old ones!? Or even a 172RG?

Wishful thinking, of course, but it does make me excited for a nice old Accu-Cessna. :)

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

To say the entire dev team is pumped for these two new GA planes would be an understatement. We are working like heck because we want to fly them ourselves :)

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

nick0857
Airman

Post by nick0857 »

If you watch the A2A Development Update (Aug 2012) and skip to 2:27, you'll be able to see a render of the C172 which shows the landing light on the wing, not below the prop which was a change made on the 172P in the mid 1980s. I think this would be a great hint that it would likely be a new model, however not with a G1000 or glass cockpit. My money is on a C172R, and I'm very excited already! :mrgreen:

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Post by seaniam81 »

nick0857 wrote:If you watch the A2A Development Update (Aug 2012) and skip to 2:27, you'll be able to see a render of the C172 which shows the landing light on the wing, not below the prop which was a change made on the 172P in the mid 1980s
I was wondering if anybody else was going to catch that.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Scott - A2A wrote:To say the entire dev team is pumped for these two new GA planes would be an understatement. We are working like heck because we want to fly them ourselves :)

Scott.
A Lycoming O-360 might not be as heart pounding exciting as a V-1710, but those little GAs can really teach you a lot about flying. Great to hear you guys are really pumped about these craft.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

rotrhed
Senior Airman

Post by rotrhed »

I just can't wait for the next development vid. I wonder how much longer? We are due for one, I hope:)

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

I can't say I am excited about A2A producing GA aircraft.
There are so many good GA aircraft already available, seems a waste of time to me.
I had hoped A2A would carry on producing unique military and civilian aircraft similar to the excellent products they have already released.

That being said, if you are going to make a 172 anyways, perhaps one like this would be good!

There is one at my home airport, a 172 with the wheels on the CORRECT way!
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

thunderstreak wrote:I had hoped A2A would carry on producing unique military and civilian aircraft similar to the excellent products they have already released.
We already know they will continue making military stuff like the F-104 and F-4, so don't think that just because they are making some more popular GA aircraft now that they are stopping what made them the company they are today!

And besides, there are VERY few currently available FSX GA addons that have the depth of simulation of Accu-Sim. I know of the Aerosoft Katana 4X, and I think the same team that made that one made the Do-27 before it, which also simulated wear and tear. Other than those two, the only other I can think of that comes close is the RealAir Legacy which has some of the features we've seen from A2A like shaking cockpit and gauge needles etc, but still none of the wear and tear/"ownership", and engine management simulation from Accu-Sim.

So I wholeheartedly disagree that we have GA like this already! I am very confident that A2A's going to bring the "next level" to GA in FSX.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”