reminder for the new guys - repaints

Born to fly
new reply
bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

reminder for the new guys - repaints

Post by bliksimpie »

busy cleaning up and stumbled again onto these between some old downloads I am clearing out, so for the new guys that might have missed these posts relating to these repaints just again a heads up.

Do yourself a favor and get the best ever repaint of Urs "Maloney" Burkhart to compliment new purchases of the piper.

over at avsim library
file
Piper_J3_Fast_Joe.zip (fast joe)
Piper_J3_CF-DCW.zip (bushwacker)
Piper_J3_CF_PCW.zip (bugsbunny)
Piper_J3_NC487W.zip (roadrunner)

Absolute brilliant.

At least now you will feel like you are in the bush in a well worn cub

Regards
JB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: reminder for the new guys - repaints

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the Bump and reminder on the repaints, these are indeed must haves for any bush cub pilot 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Sizel
Airman First Class

Post by Sizel »

Being a new A2A Cub owner i will have to check this out. thanks for the HU. :)
Kind Regards
Simon

P-51 Mustang + ACCU-SIM - Spitfire MK1&MK2 + ACCU-SIM - P-40 Tomahawk + ACCU-SIM - Piper J3 CUB + ACCU-SIM - B377 Stratocruiser + COTS - C172 Trainer - ACCU-FEEL V2

Scuddy
Airman First Class

Post by Scuddy »

awww

I already have the Cub. Is there anyway the ppl who have the Cub can get these ???

"Scuddy"
Image Image Image Image

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Scuddy wrote:awww

I already have the Cub. Is there anyway the ppl who have the Cub can get these ???

"Scuddy"

Just follow the instructions on the first post of the thread. Search for the file names over at avsim and download :)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

c_prowse
Airman

Post by c_prowse »

Roadrunner is perfect but the others interior textures are all black for some reason, atleast for me. I will have to try to install again maybe. Love the dirty tundra tires:) Have you guys thought of a Super Cub? I find myself flying the experimental STOL version from Flight-Replicas more than the J3 just because it is so aggresive...Do love the J3 though for all that it is, just wish the Super was a A2A aircraft too... A Beaver would be great too!

Sizel
Airman First Class

Post by Sizel »

c_prowse wrote:Roadrunner is perfect but the others interior textures are all black for some reason, atleast for me. I will have to try to install again maybe. Love the dirty tundra tires:) Have you guys thought of a Super Cub? I find myself flying the experimental STOL version from Flight-Replicas more than the J3 just because it is so aggresive...Do love the J3 though for all that it is, just wish the Super was a A2A aircraft too... A Beaver would be great too!
Hi
Some of my interiors are black also. I don't know why as files applied as per normal with repaints. Anyway those i have working are great. Nice to have a few dirty & worn Cubs along with the newer looking ones.
Kind Regards
Simon

P-51 Mustang + ACCU-SIM - Spitfire MK1&MK2 + ACCU-SIM - P-40 Tomahawk + ACCU-SIM - Piper J3 CUB + ACCU-SIM - B377 Stratocruiser + COTS - C172 Trainer - ACCU-FEEL V2

Racartron
Airman

Post by Racartron »

If memory serves me correctly, the trick to getting full installs is to have all the variants active in fsX, install all the options, and not to have have changed the naming conventions. In the texture folders references are made to the other liveries, meaning, if not exact, "bad" stuff happens.

I'm not near my fsX box at the moment but will verify my recollection when possible.
Racartron
"it means something but I can't remember what"

Sizel
Airman First Class

Post by Sizel »

Racartron wrote:If memory serves me correctly, the trick to getting full installs is to have all the variants active in fsX, install all the options, and not to have have changed the naming conventions. In the texture folders references are made to the other liveries, meaning, if not exact, "bad" stuff happens.

I'm not near my fsX box at the moment but will verify my recollection when possible.
This was what i was thinking the case may be. I hav'nt changed any files etc but i did not have all variants active as i won't use all of them. Anyway the ones i do have working i am happy with. What great work they are.
Kind Regards
Simon

Shalomar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shalomar »

Bump for Sleepycub
Virtual Avgas fits my budget...

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”