P-51H In Development with partners

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

P-51H In Development with partners

Post by Scott - A2A »

Hello everyone.

This is a project that has been in the pipeline for a very long time, going back and forth from front burner to back burner as other schedules are met. We are pleased that it is, however, continuing to progress with the help of some incredible organizations.

The Chanute Air Museum houses many aircraft, including the restored P-51H "Heatwave." I urge everyone to visit their sites when you can, just keeping an eye on how they are doing. These guys are in the trenches, fighting the good fight in keeping history alive. I hope everyone supports some aviation-related organization. If you are young, then being a volunteer is a great way to get involved. There is nothing like growing up around aviation and these aircraft are disappearing forever. But it's not just the aircraft, but about the people who fill these organizations. If you don't have an organization close by, you won't find a better place than the P-51H Heatwave project at Chanute.

MORE INFORMATION:
http://www.aeromuseum.org
http://p51h.home.comcast.net/~p51h

Czech Master Resin have an enormous fleet of high-quality models. It's amazing how similar 3d artists are to those who create physical models, like CMR. Both share the same passion in re-creating these aircraft. The have done superb research on the P-51H and this has helped this project come alive too.

MORE INFORMATION:
http://www.cmrmodels.co.uk

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Re: P-51H In Development with fine partners

Post by Mig_Driver »

One, please, with extra drop tanks and a side of AccuSim.
ALL THE A2A PLANES!!!

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Re: P-51H In Development with partners

Post by thunderstreak »

Ya buddy! Awesome news!
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

gravel
Airman

Post by gravel »

Fantastic Scott! WOW!

And here is a link for people interested in learning more about the 'H' model
http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/p5 ... -51H.shtml

Cheers,

Gravel

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P-51H In Development with fine partners

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Mig_Driver wrote:...and a side of AccuSim.
Seeing the Aircraft Factory logo, I'm guessing we'll have to settle for AccuFeel instead. :lol:

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

So A2A is going to be making a model airplane kit then?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :wink:
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

Skulleader
Senior Airman

Post by Skulleader »

Hello dear friends,

WOW, great news !!!!
The P-51 is an awesome warbird, after your incredible Spitfire MkI & MkII, the amazing P-40, now the Mustang.
The dream is come true, but I have a little question concerning the Aircraft Factory logo (as Bruce), this new P-51 is not an Wings of POWER 3 ?
Because if I've well understand your explanation concerning yours products guide Wings of POWER 3 is very better than Aircraft Factory, no ?

Please can you inform us if this addon is an "Wings of POWER 3" or "Aircraft Factory" ?
I ask this question because I possess many products + Accusim and these addons are incredible and perfect !!

I watched your last video named "A2A Accu-Sim _In Development_ (11_25_2011)" and we can watch the P-51 Mustang, if it's the same aicraft WOW it's will be awesome !!!

Once again congratulation for your products because they are very real and perfect !!

Best regards, Olivier.
ImageImageImageImage

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Skulleader wrote:WOW, great news !!!!
The P-51 is an awesome warbird, after your incredible Spitfire MkI & MkII, the amazing P-40, now the Mustang.
The dream is come true, but I have a little question concerning the Aircraft Factory logo (as Bruce), this new P-51 is not an Wings of POWER 3 ?
Because if I've well understand your explanation concerning yours products guide Wings of POWER 3 is very better than Aircraft Factory, no ?
The P-51D is in development as a Wings of Power 3 Aircraft with Accu-Sim. This P-51H seems to be a digital Aircraft Factory companion piece to the real museum aircraft and the resin model kit. So, the WoP3 P-51 and this one are two completely different projects with different levels of sophistication.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

N990WY
Airman First Class

Post by N990WY »

YES! That's fantastic news!
ImageImageImageImageImage

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

I know that the last thing A2A needs is more requests but.....................

This would be a nice addition to the virtual Mustang family!!
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Even though hundreds of these P-51H's were created, it is difficult getting solid information on the aircraft. The Heatwave project has been key because they provided us with the original designs of the system components and a load of detailed photographs of their aircraft when they received it and throughout their restoration.

CMR also worked with the Heatwave restoration to get good details of the aircraft and did a lot of research of the proper markings and such.

They send us several DVD's just packed with outstanding information, including the maintenance manuals, so we are able to stay focused creating the aircraft and not interpreting spotty sources.

We haven't ruled in or out an Accu-Sim expansion for the H, but will make this call after the D is released, but we will keep you posted on developments of the H. It flies by-the-book (many devs seem to claim this now, but very few manage to get anything close to true by the book performance) and we will post nice in-game shots when they are available.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Hmmm, that is very cool that you are making a rare late P-51 variant, but I must admit it looks strange (not your model but the aircraft itself!)!

http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/p5 ... -51H.shtml <------ I read this link that was posted before which was very interesting... The whole front of the plane looks weedy to me, the cockpit appears to be slightly forward, although that may just be an illusion, and the little wheels make it look like one of those out-of-scale R/C models!

It did surprise me that after all the R&D into this aircraft, coupled with the fact it didn't see WWII combat, that they opted to use the D model and not this one in Korea. Does anybody know the reasoning behind this decision, apart from quantity?

Scott, you continue to surprise us with unexpected projects. I like that. 8) If it is Accu-simmed I'll be getting this for sure! If not, I'm still gonna be teetering on the fence!

-Joe

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

JoeS475 wrote:It did surprise me that after all the R&D into this aircraft, coupled with the fact it didn't see WWII combat, that they opted to use the D model and not this one in Korea. Does anybody know the reasoning behind this decision, apart from quantity?
think actually it was those squadrons who hadnt yet lost their mustangs to other types yet, though i cant remember for certain.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

The P-51H was designed solely as a lightweight interceptor. No ground pounding ability. Thus, the F-51D was the better choice when Korea came around since the D model was stronger and had the underwing hardpoints.

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

CAPFlyer wrote:The P-51H was designed solely as a lightweight interceptor. No ground pounding ability. Thus, the F-51D was the better choice when Korea came around since the D model was stronger and had the underwing hardpoints.
The H was the result of the contiuned developement of the D model mustang, it was made lighter (useing thinner skins, new parts etc), faster and generaly a complete overall. Despite what you say it DID have underwing hardpoints same as the D. Production was cut short by the end of the war and only 555 P-51H models were completed compared to the 14000 odd D models. Also almost all the parts from the D line were not usable in the P-51H which prolly had a massive say in the decision to not use it Korea.

Also after a bit of digging, the mustangs used in korea (not the twin mustangs) were brought out from storage and shipped via carrier, or taken from National Guard squadrons or reserve squadrons and sent over.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”