a few days ago I bought and installed the WoP3 Spitfire + AccuSim
. Unfortunately whenever I tried to load one of the airplanes FSX in most cases crashed and in all the others frooze up and I had to stop it using the Task Manager. So what did I do next after reading some (but probably not all) of the threads in this forum:
- I de-installed and re-installed the lot;
- I re-installed only the WoP3 Spitfire, not the AccuSim;
- I re-installed the AccuSim again, followed by the accusim_fsx_core_update_v1.1
(don't know if this made any sense as I bought the pack after the updates release date);
- I installed the lower resolution textures using your wop3_spitfire_texture_swapper
. Funny enough when using the MEDIUM setting the airplane directory remained unchanged, 152 files 338 MB. When using the HIGH settings the result was still 152 files but now 306 MB, with the only apparent difference in the textures in the texture.a and texture.b directories;
- I updated DirectX to the latest version of 11 using dxwebsetup
- And I also re-installed DirectX 9 using the directx_Jun2010_redist
available on your website. Apparently they can exist independently of each other under one operating system;
- Finally I looked into the sound.dll
issue reported in this forum, but I could not figure our where to to look for what
As you will have guessed, FSX keeps on crashing and freezing up despite all my efforts.
I run FSX under Bootcamp on a 2010 iMac 27" with the following specifications:
- Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, the iMac runs under OS X Lion;
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz;
- Memory: 8192 MB RAM (available OS Memory 3062 MB RAM);
- DirectX: Version 11;
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850.
Hope somebody can help me out.