Spitfire MKIIa fictional Red Bull repaint

Forever, Britain's most cherished Crown Jewel
new reply
guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Spitfire MKIIa fictional Red Bull repaint

Post by guenseli »

All credits go to "Jigsaw" how generously gave me his PSD original files of his NAVY paint!
thanks

download from friendly flusi forum:
http://www.friendlyflusi.at/index.php?p ... dataID=336

Bochumer
Airman First Class

Re: Spitfire MKIIa fictional Red Bull repaint

Post by Bochumer »

I like these Red Bull restored oldtimers. There is a very nice (fictional) Red Bull repaint available for the A2A B17. Some of the real Red Bull Hangar 7 planes are done in that clear pure chrome outfit with only that Red Bull logo and a red stripe here and there. That is what the real DC-6 in Hangar 7 looks like, for example.

I don`t know what a Red Bull logo means on an US navy plane in blue. I haven`t found a real chrome repaint for the A2A Spit, yet. I had one for the RealAir Spit and it made her look great.

So, you repaint maestros! Is there anyone who could do such a chrome Red Bull Spit? Naked and clean like a real restored 2011 Spit would look like?!?!
"What a pity, in a way, that an aeroplane that can impart such a glorious feeling of sheer joy and beauty has got to be used to fight somebody", Geoffrey Wellum in "First Light"

Intel I7-2600K OC @ 4,5 Ghz; 8 Gb RAM; nVidia570

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

It is my understanding from what I have read here that a chrome finish is not possible on this bird, due to the way the textures were created. But there are some nice bare metal textures which could support a Red Bull scheme, it would just lack the polished restored shine.

Joe
Joe

Bochumer
Airman First Class

Post by Bochumer »

Didn`t know about the chrome thing. Sadly, those bare metal paints don`t look as good as other paints, on my opinion. In fact, it would look rather bad on a Reb Bull plane. Each rivet on these planes is polished and everything looks crisp and clear. Better no Red Bull than something like a metal paint with dirt and oil trails.
"What a pity, in a way, that an aeroplane that can impart such a glorious feeling of sheer joy and beauty has got to be used to fight somebody", Geoffrey Wellum in "First Light"

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Looks nice!

I hope you didn't have any problems with font that I used. I keep forgetting that they are not part of the PSD:. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

Don't mind Patrick,

I have these fonts also installed... no problem!
thanks again!

@Bochumer
thanks, the B17 Red Bull is from me, too.
And as far as I no there's actually no possibility to make a bare chrome texture for the Spit!
Would like to have this, too...

Bochumer
Airman First Class

Post by Bochumer »

@ Guenseli:

Let me tell you a "Ganz herzlichen Dank" for my favorite B-17 repaint, it is the only one I use since the day I found it. I tried to honor your work as I choosed it as the only livery for my A2A B-17 review that was published in our german print magazine "FSMagazin" 02/2011.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II”