My first impression / A few issues noted

Intelligent, elegant, and dressed to kill
Sayuuk
Airman First Class

My first impression / A few issues noted

Post by Sayuuk »

Hi,

first the good things =)

I really like the exterior model and the performance - no problems whatsoever.

I do have a few gripes however:

- the right propeller uses a different "texture", it is flat when you look from the side, the left one is 3D

- please add a repaint that resembles what a still flying 219 might look like (like the chrome ones of US fighters)
=> please WITHOUT SWASTIKAS!! (right now I can only fly the czech one, because I definately don't fly a swastika around!!)

- please add a way to tune the radios and use the OBS without the popup, I really HATE POPUPS! =P

Thanks for this nice plane!

Stefan
ImageImage

Royale_Adio
Senior Airman

Re: My first impression / A few issues noted

Post by Royale_Adio »

First off, concerning swastikas, A2A is all about authenticity. And since you are flying a WWII German aircraft made by A2A, you should've known from the start that there was to be swastikas painted on it.

For the chromed textures, you'll have to wait for the paintkit to be released.

Secondly, for the "modernized cockpit", I don't think that A2A will release one. As I mentionned earlier, it's all about authenticity.

And lastly, you're right about the exterior model, it' S-W-E-E-T!

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Post by Sayuuk »

Royale_Adio wrote:First off, concerning swastikas, A2A is all about authenticity. And since you are flying a WWII German aircraft made by A2A, you should've known from the start that there was to be swastikas painted on it.

For the chromed textures, you'll have to wait for the paintkit to be released.

Secondly, for the "modernized cockpit", I don't think that A2A will release one. As I mentionned earlier, it's all about authenticity.

And lastly, you're right about the exterior model, it' S-W-E-E-T!
@swastikas: I know, I wasn't complaining, I was just asking for them to include another repaint without them as some (like me) like the plane, but don't want to fly around representing Nazi Germany (and I am German, so I can talk about it =P )

@modernized cockpit: not what I meant, let me explain:

=> I like popups if you use them for setting up your plane before flight - like you do with the "normal" A2A planes. But if the only way to use the ILS-indicator is to use a popup that is definately too modern!

1. What I meant is that one could setup a small display (vintage style) that shows the current NAV frequency/com frequency and 5 knobs (Nav Mhz, Nav Khz, OBS, Com Mhz, Com Khz) in some unused corner of the cockpit. I think this would far better integrate than the popup does right now and it would in conjunction with the following addition allow one to completely operate the plane from the VC without any popups.

2. add two additional switches next to the "autopilot master" for "wings level" and "current ALT hold". This would really make the popups obsolete.

Sorry for being unclear the first time, I hope you get what I'm going for.

I think these changes are not too difficult, so maybe AF could make them with the next update, I'd surely appreciate it.

Stefan

edit: spelling for the pitot tube gauge is wrong, this is called "Staurohr" (it says "Stauohr" in the game)
ImageImage

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

About swastikas - it must be as it was. It isnt here swastika as "political symbol", here is "historical painting/skins".
So it is two different subjects. Do not confuse it.
http://yoyosims.pl/
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Post by Sayuuk »

YoYo wrote:About swastikas - it must be as it was. It isnt here swastika as "political symbol", here is "historical painting/skins".
So it is two different subjects. Do not confuse it.
READ/UNDERSTAND WHAT I WRITE BEFORE YOU ANSWER!!!!

I'm not saying you should remove them.

I'm asking to please provide more alternative repaints without them. I'm sure that others will do just that when the paintkit comes out, but it doesn't do any harm to ask the developers directly!!

And about historical/political: I as a German feel the obligation to not for any reason use these symbols! Be it in a game or on a model! Everybody can decide for themselves that's why I'm NOT saying remove them completely, but rather add some additional "normal" ones...

I like the plane because I feel it represents the German engineers and genius of the ime, they just built it at for the wrong people. That's why I'd like to have a few more repaints without those damn swastikas!

READ/UNDERSTAND WHAT I WRITE BEFORE YOU ANSWER!!!!

Stefan

P.S.:
AN alternative would be to provide a set of textures for the stock repaints WITHOUT swastikas. I like the version with the drop tank for example, and if those swastikas are removed, I'd use it gladly. This way everyone can decide on their one.
ImageImage

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

shouldn't be too difficult to remove the swastikas, I'll do one for you if A2A won't. Which texture would you prefer (send me a pm)?
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Post by Sayuuk »

jcblom wrote:shouldn't be too difficult to remove the swastikas, I'll do one for you if A2A won't. Which texture would you prefer (send me a pm)?
You've got mail =)

Thanks
ImageImage

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

There may be other people that want it, so I'll post the link here.
Here is the texture file for the black bottomed UHU without the swastika's. I didn't test it, but it should be right. If not, please tell me so, OK?
Link is good till 27 november. Make a back-up of the original file first, and then overwrite the texturefile with the one in this zip.

JanKees
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

tommieboy
Airman

Post by tommieboy »

jcblom wrote:There may be other people that want it.......
Me included; thanks for the mod.....

Tommy
Tommy Mitomi

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hey guys sorry for delay, official stuff should be out soonish, inc paint kit.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Post by Sayuuk »

jcblom wrote:There may be other people that want it, so I'll post the link here.
Here is the texture file for the black bottomed UHU without the swastika's. I didn't test it, but it should be right. If not, please tell me so, OK?
Link is good till 27 november. Make a back-up of the original file first, and then overwrite the texturefile with the one in this zip.

JanKees
Thanks a lot!!!

Looks just great that way =)

Stefan
ImageImage

Royale_Adio
Senior Airman

Post by Royale_Adio »

Lewis - A2A wrote:hey guys sorry for delay, official stuff should be out soonish, inc paint kit.
Can we expect something like days? :mrgreen:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Royale_Adio,

Yes, paint kit should be days, as we're just cleaning it up atm. Should not be long.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Sayuuk wrote: - the right propeller uses a different "texture", it is flat when you look from the side, the left one is 3D
Anyone else confirm this?

EDIT: I just checked all models. None of mine exhibit this issue. Anyone else see this? Can you take a screenshot?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sayuuk
Airman First Class

Post by Sayuuk »

CodyValkyrie wrote:
Sayuuk wrote: - the right propeller uses a different "texture", it is flat when you look from the side, the left one is 3D
Anyone else confirm this?

EDIT: I just checked all models. None of mine exhibit this issue. Anyone else see this? Can you take a screenshot?
I took this was earlier today:

edit: to clarify: this always looks like that, it wasn't just once. And no matter where I position the camera, it stays like this.
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"”