High Resolution WOP2 P51D Paintkit

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
letsgetrowdy
Senior Airman

Re: High Resolution WOP2 P51D Paintkit

Post by letsgetrowdy »

The old WOP textures can be transfered to FSX but the prop and canopy fixes won't work. You can substitute the new VC panel texture files into your old WOP texture folders to solve the holes problem in the VC. Other than that the old WOP Pony is fine in FSX.

Regarding the WOPII textures, they should work with the updated model etc., but you may need to add a 'texture.cfg' file to each folder to identify the new glass, prop and VC files located in the new 'texture' folder. Other than copy the contents of this folder and lob them into your WOPII texture folders one at a time (the former is better and easier!)
Thanks for your help. i'll have a go soon.
Nice work there, Jkblom. Have you made any textures of present day P-51Ds, like Big Beautiful Doll, Old Crow or Ferocious Frankie? If you have can you please tell me where to find them :)

dave.q2

Post by dave.q2 »

That's fantastic Jankees!! Here are my humble contributions. I spent ages on these yesterday only to find KH825 was a -K with an Aeroproducts airscrew!!! Oh well!

I'm using a combination of the new paintkit with John Terrell's resized, plus a lot of tinkering!! Will publish later today or tomorrow - real work to do!!

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

letsgetrowdy wrote:Nice work there, Jkblom. Have you made any textures of present day P-51Ds, like Big Beautiful Doll, Old Crow or Ferocious Frankie? If you have can you please tell me where to find them :)
I've done Crazy Horse, VH-BOB, Excalibur, Sierra Sue, VH-AUB, NZ2415, Miss Torque, Moonbeam McSwine, February, Sizzlin Liz, Ridge Runner, Jumpin' Jacques, Damn Yankee, Marinell, Flying Dutchman and quite a few of the 357th (Mormon Mustang, Frenesi, Glamorous Glen III, Wee Willy II, Isabel III are a few). Some are made to represent the present day warbird, others the WWII original, and some both versions (Sierra Sue, Moonbeam). There may be more, but I can't remember all of them...
You can find them on sim-outhouse, look for paints by 'jankees' (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?l ... me=jankees)

Jan Kees
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

letsgetrowdy
Senior Airman

Post by letsgetrowdy »

Awesome.... I better get downloading...

StormtrooperSHQ
Airman Basic

Post by StormtrooperSHQ »

There was one up for the B-17, but since Avsim is down it's unavailable. Do you have one for B-17?

reef
Airman

Post by reef »

Thanks for the repaints guys, and love the P-51 in FSX.

Look forward to more :)

steve

letsgetrowdy
Senior Airman

Post by letsgetrowdy »

Holy Hell!! That's brilliant! Are these Il2 bases screenshots or FSX? May i ask what the p-51 is in the second picture?

reef
Airman

Post by reef »

Thanks, glad you like them. Both are taken in FSX of the WOPII P-51. Both paints by DaveQ.

In hindsight i think i should of posted them in the main forum :roll:

steve

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

Barvan wrote:Do you know which fonts were used for the JACK HERE and FUEL IN US GALLONS and GROUND CREW stencils?

Barry

A good font for WW2 U.S. aircraft is "stencilia-A" found here:

http://www.dafont.com/stencilia.font

crewlle
Airman Basic

Post by crewlle »

Is there a resistor in that system to drop the voltage for the lower speeds??
:roll: :shock:

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”