High Resolution WOP2 P51D Paintkit

Arguably the finest fighter of the second world war
Scott - A2A
A2A General

High Resolution WOP2 P51D Paintkit

Post by Scott - A2A »

This is a high resolution paintkit with new lines, rivets, and improved texturing.

Standard Photoshop file:
http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... intkit.zip (72MB)

Photoshop file with no effects for importing into other paint programs:
http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... ffects.zip (68MB)

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Barvan
Airman First Class

Re: High Resolution WOP2 P51D Paintkit

Post by Barvan »

Thanks Scott,

Do you know which fonts were used for the JACK HERE and FUEL IN US GALLONS and GROUND CREW stencils?

Barry

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We don't have all the fonts, the original modeler rasterized the layers. But some of the stencil's were used with this font:
http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... HCAS__.TTF

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Barvan
Airman First Class

Post by Barvan »

Scott - A2A wrote:We don't have all the fonts, the original modeler rasterized the layers. But some of the stencil's were used with this font:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/wingsofpo ... HCAS__.TTF

Scott.
Thank you, that covers most of them!

dave.q2

Post by dave.q2 »

Many thanks to all at A2A for upgrading the WOP2 Pony. I've done quite a bit of work on 2048 x 2048 upgrades for John Terrel's kit for my own use and accurate stencils make all the difference to me (saddo that I am!).

The fonts for stencils seem to vary quite a bit. At least on the ones I've photographed in the UK Arial capitals approximates well, though the data block is often in a stencilled font (at least the basic airframe data if not the crew and fuelling data). I realise however that what was used on the originals may differ from that used on museum or restored examples. I've never been able to find a complete, authentic from-the-factory set anyway and rely entirely on my own photos. Any ideas anyone??

Thanks again all

DaveQ

letsgetrowdy
Senior Airman

Post by letsgetrowdy »

How can you get old paints to look normal with this update. It makes them look greyer and blurred. Also is there any way to use the old "sw_p51..." paintkits by John Terrell with this setup?

dave.q2

Post by dave.q2 »

letsgetrowdy wrote:How can you get old paints to look normal with this update. It makes them look greyer and blurred. Also is there any way to use the old "sw_p51..." paintkits by John Terrell with this setup?
The old WOP textures can be transfered to FSX but the prop and canopy fixes won't work. You can substitute the new VC panel texture files into your old WOP texture folders to solve the holes problem in the VC. Other than that the old WOP Pony is fine in FSX.

Regarding the WOPII textures, they should work with the updated model etc., but you may need to add a 'texture.cfg' file to each folder to identify the new glass, prop and VC files located in the new 'texture' folder. Other than copy the contents of this folder and lob them into your WOPII texture folders one at a time (the former is better and easier!)

Good luck

DaveQ

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Take a look at alpha channels of the textures that come with the update. You have to adjust the alpha channel for the enviromental reflections to show up.

No, it won't fit, the "sw_p51..." is for P51D/H from WoP1 for FS2004 serie.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

labrat4jafmc

Post by labrat4jafmc »

I have downloaded the files but I am getting an error.
Windows can't open the file. I let it do an internet search for a program to run them and it took me to Adobe photoshop.

I am running FSX on Vista 64bit.

Thanks in advance.

dave.q2

Post by dave.q2 »

What paint program are you running labrat4jafmc? These files are designed for Adobe Photoshop (full edition) I believe. The cheaper Photoshop Elements will work with limitations as will later versions of Paintshop Pro (I've used both).

DaveQ

Meso
Senior Airman

Post by Meso »

Is it possible to add an alpha layer to the pilot figure to hide some areas like the glasses or the yellow chute?

kidn regards,

Meso

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

BTW, sorry for the delay in getting this paintkit up with the lines added, we are waiting for our provider to upload the file.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

labrat4jafmc

Post by labrat4jafmc »

[quote="dave.q2"]What paint program are you running labrat4jafmc? These files are designed for Adobe Photoshop (full edition) I believe. The cheaper Photoshop Elements will work with limitations as will later versions of Paintshop Pro (I've used both).

Sorry for the delay. I don't have a photoshop program currently. When I let Vista look for a solution that is what it brought me to. I guess that I will need to pony up the money for Adobe. Any suggestions as to the version I will need?

Once I have that what should I expect? Will I be able to make some of these awesomely cool skins that some of you are creating?

Thanks,

Lab Rat

dave.q2

Post by dave.q2 »

Lab Rat - go to the top of this post; there are two paint kits. The second one down on Scott's post ('no effects') is designed for other paint programmes rather than Photoshop. You could try that one.

DaveQ

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Hi Guys!

I come back from a fieldtrip, and I find a nice present: an FSX upgrade for my favorite aircraft, with a new paintkit!
Thank you! It looks great in full FSX garb!

Here's my first attempt at using the paintkit:

I've noticed a few odd things in the paintkit though:
There's a number of mirrored stencils (moor/lift & ammunition acces for example),
look at the stencil behind/below the roundel
Image,
look at the left stencil.

I'm missing a few stencils too I think.
Also, the panel lines, some screws and the colors on the two fuselage parts do not seem to match completely, and where did half the step below the cockpit go?
The original red 'no step' area on the port wing looks inverted to me too (corrected in this pic), and I'm missing the gun camera stencil.
I did find a few initially missing textures in the flying undertaker textures, but not (yet) all of them, like the light alpha textures for the rear of the cockpit (look at the reflectivity in the second pic.).
I know, I'm an idiot noticing those things, but hey, you spoil me with a truly outstanding paintkit for the P-40 and the P-47...
Still, great update, and I will enjoy my pony once more, until the next one comes along, soon I hope?

Jan Kees
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

new reply

Return to “P51 Mustang”