P47 Thunderbolt "Solo" and FSX Patch released

It's big, powerful, and fast.
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

P47 Thunderbolt "Solo" and FSX Patch released

Post by Scott - A2A »

For Immediate Release

Farmington, CT – August 28, 2008 – A2A Simulations, a leader in high-end flight simulation software, has released a patch for their Wings of POWER II: P47 “Thunderbolt” for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. They also released the Thunderbolt under their new “Solo” line of aircraft, which is compatible with both Flight Simulator 2004 and Flight Simulator X.

The patch is to correct issues related to the P47 found in the WWII FIGHTERS pack for Microsoft Flight Simulator X only, and not needed for those who are running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004.

Included in the patch:
- Aircraft exported with native FSX tools
- SP2 / Acceleration supported
- Prop clipping fixed
- Light bloom black screen bug fixed
- Additional minor FSX fixes

Screenshots here:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/P47D_SOLO.html

The patch can be downloaded here:
http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... sx_fix.zip

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dangerous Beans
Staff Sergeant

Re: P47 Thunderbolt "Solo" and FSX Patch released

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Thanks guys, excellent work as usual.
Don't have much time to fly it at the moment though due to a certain plane with four P&W's and a cabin full of screaming passenger's :D

Asus Strix Z270H
i7-7700K
16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
MSI GTX 1070 GamingX
Corsair H100i V2 Cooler
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case
Asus VE276Q 27" Monitor 1920x1080
Win 10

cgrove
Airman Basic

Post by cgrove »

I am not able to move the magneto selector from the VC. I prefer to do a cold start from the VC rather than pressing the ctrl-e buttons on the keyboard. If I can't use the magneto selector, this obviously becomes a bit more difficult! Is this a problem on my end, or has anyone else experienced this? Still, this is a fabulous aircraft!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Grove,

I tried it here and same thing - my apologies. We'll get that sorted.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

OK, we updated both the patch and solo pack so if you downloaded these on Thursday, Aug 28th, just redownload.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Nick C
Senior Airman

Post by Nick C »

Sorry if I seem like an idiot, but to get your P47 into FSX, am I correct in thinking that I purchase the FS9 version and then use the patch?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

No, the patch is for the P-47D that was released on the WWII Fighters CD-ROM which featured only one of the P-47 models from the FS2004 Thunderbolt pack. WWII Fighters has an FSX install option but the models were released before the FSX service packs and the Accceration expansion were available. This P-47 patch is to fix graphic issues appearing on the WWII Fighters FSX version of the Thunderbolt under the current build of FSX.

You can't install the Thunderbolt pack directly to FSX. You'd need to install it to FS2004 first and then manually copy over the various files to FSX. There might be some renaming involved as well but I don't know for sure. Even then I don't know for certain how successful this transfer will be. And if you get the FS2004 pack to work in FSX, the patch would only cover one of models and not the whole pack. I doubt the patch would work at all for you though.

Your best option for FSX is to buy either the WWII Fighters CD or the 'just released' Solo Thunderbolt that is basically a fully patched 'FSX rebuild' of the P-47D-20.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

Scott,

Regarding the Mag switch, I just downloaded again and it still isn't working for me. Also, the Turbo Overspeed light blinks continually even when I am sitting on the ground at idle. Am I missing something? I purchased the P47 this morning and I assume that is the only download I need.

Thanks,

Tom

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

THibben wrote: Also, the Turbo Overspeed light blinks continually even when I am sitting on the ground at idle. Am I missing something?
The turbo overspeed light is largely a decorative animation. You'll notice that the boost lever advances automatically to maintain a constant manifold pressure; eventually you'll reach an altitude where the turbo would in actuality have to overspeed to maintain that pressure. At that point the light turns solid. Don't worry, in FS you can't damage your turbo by exceeding the overspeed limit.

As for the blinking of the light, this has some historic accuracy:
Training manual page 12.
Training manual page 11.

The proposed future AccuSim add-on for the P-47 will address this inherent limitation of FS.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Tom,

Sorry, my error. I didn't properly re-direct the download to the new installer. I reset the download counts and it's all set so give it another shot.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

I have both FSX and FS9 running on my machine. Yesterday, I picked up the WoP3 P-47D and just love it.

My FS9 install has the WoP2 P-47 (purchased 10/12/2005) and I'm giving thought to bringing it over to FSX after finding the FSX Patch. I should have my original install file on a CD.

Is there a preferred process for installing the WoP2 P-47 in FSX?? Should I just bring the relevant files and folders over to FSX and run the patch directly?? Or can I extract the contents of the patch, and apply it manually??

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

--WH

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

Seems the patch cannot find my WoP2 P-47 install.

I noticed that the FS9 install has the aircraft folders beginning with WoP_P-47, whereas my FSX installs have prefixes beginning with WoP2_ or WoP3_.

Perhaps my FS9 P-47 sets are not WoP2??

--WH

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello the WOP2 P47 is just one P47D. If you have more than one model you have the old fs2004 P-47D
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Re: P47 Thunderbolt

Post by WarHorse47 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello the WOP2 P47 is just one P47D. If you have more than one model you have the old fs2004 P-47D
Thanks. Yes, its the old FS2004 version with the P-47M and N models.

--WH

new reply

Return to “P47 Thunderbolt”