Wings of POWER II: Bf109 FSX PATCH Released

The most mass-produced fighter of World War II
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Wings of POWER II: Bf109 FSX PATCH Released

Post by Scott - A2A »

For Immediate Release

Farmington, CT – July 18, 2008 – A2A Simulations, a leader in high-end flight simulation software, has released a patch for their Wings of POWER II: Messerschmitt Bf109 for Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

This patch is to correct issues related to Microsoft Flight Simulator X only, and not for those who are running the Wings of POWER II: Messerschmitt Bf109 for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004.

Included in the patch:
- Aircraft exported with native FSX tools
- SP2 / Acceleration supported
- Prop clipping fixed
- Light bloom black screen bug fixed
- Additional minor FSX fixes

Screenshots here:
viewtopic.php?t=11064

The patch can be downloaded here:
https://www.a2asimulations.com/wingsofp ... sx_fix.zip

“The prior Spitfire FSX patch has been well received and it’s now wonderful to have the most famous Luftwaffe fighter in our hangar looking better than ever. The Messerschmitt Bf109 flies by the book, right on the numbers. Not just top speed, climb speed, etc. – but takeoff distance and characteristics. This light and powerful aircraft can get off the ground almost immediately after applying power. We wish to thank all of our loyal customers for their continued support,” said Scott Gentile of Air to Air Simulations Inc.

General information can be found at http://www.a2asimulations.com

About AIR TO AIR SIMULATIONS INC.
Air to Air Simulations specializes in the development and publication of flight simulations, visual effects and sound. The company is a North American based company in Farmington, Connecticut.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2004 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dangerous Beans
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Thanks Scott and co.

mazman629
Airman

Post by mazman629 »

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
If it wasn't for flight sims, we wouldn't need electricity!!!

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

Thanks guys!

stovall
Airman

Flaps not working on upgrade

Post by stovall »

Scott, it may be just me but I can not get the flaps to work on the new model.

Thanks for the update, Tom

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hehe I had the same problem until I realised and looked down. The flaps are on a wheel so you turn the wheel to move the flaps. Using the f keys you want to keep your button held down and release once you have then were you want them.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

techy111
Airman

Post by techy111 »

Silly thing.....make sure your F Lock is not on with the keyboard....?

Tony

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The flaps in 109 are manualy operated - no hydraulics, no electricity - just you and the wheel ;)

Two revolutions for take-off, four for landing. The 'F5' or 'F8' cheat won't work.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Nick C
Senior Airman

Post by Nick C »

Well done on the update, will there be anything for the stand alone version coming soon?

stovall
Airman

Flaps not working on upgrade

Post by stovall »

Thanks Rob, Lewis and Scott, it is my Cougar that is not working. Your explanation solves my problem. I can work with the wheel.

Great work and thanks,

Tom

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The update is for the 109e in general. For the ww2f pack or the solo version. So long as its installed in fsx then just run the installer and it will update the 109 for you.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick C
Senior Airman

Post by Nick C »

Sorry lewis, I misread this line "This patch is to correct issues related to Microsoft Flight Simulator X only, and not for those who are running the Wings of POWER II: Messerschmitt Bf109 for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004".

Epsillon
Senior Airman

Post by Epsillon »

Thanks A2A Simulations!
You did an incredible work on the Emil!
Buying one of your products is always a good deal and this patch is another proof. When some other editors ask us to pay again, you give us this patches for free. :wink:
The only A2A plane that I didn't buy is the Stratocruiser because it's not released yet :P
But I will, for sure I will...

Regards,

Stephan

Rummy
BDG

Post by Rummy »

Now that's just good looking :D

pj_3
Senior Airman

Post by pj_3 »

Nice work, guys!

Regarding the flaps - when flying a full-size aircraft with levers and wheels to push-pull/twiddle, etc - one sits in the cockpit for hours on end with ones' eyes closed - operating the thingys by "feel": this becomes instinctive in a very short while.

There is no such possibility to do this in any sim, and once the "F" keys and any other assignable switch are disabled it then becomes a dangerous and difficult operation on approach or on a go-around. I use TH2Go, TrackIR and a basic cockpit switchset and have such an arrangement.

Because I find this SO difficult I'm now flying without the use of the flaps - yes - it's that much of an annoying chore. :x

Secondly - halfway through the flight - for some reason my mouse pointer becomes a cross, with no control. Has anyone else experienced this? :?:

Otherwise - a super upgrade to a first-class model. If you did sceneries - you would be the equivalent of FlyTampa!

Regards,

pj

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”