WW2 Fighters and FS9 P-51D Solo

The premier US WWII Fighter
new reply
polcat

WW2 Fighters and FS9 P-51D Solo

Post by polcat »

Is the P-51 solo FS9 the same as the P-51 in WWII fighters? Are the textures in WWII fighters supposed to work in the P-51 solo?

polcat

Post by polcat »

Also, is the P-51D/H the same as the P-51D Solo without the P-51H?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The Wings of Power II P-51D "Solo" is the same model that is included on the WWII Fighters disc and on the first Aircraft Power Pack.

The WWII Fighters disc version and APP version only came with one skin, the same skin for both. It is the same skin that is shown on the Solo download page. I've always assumed that the Solo version only has one skin also but I don't know for certain.

The FS9 P-51D/H pack is actually the predecessor to the current WWII Fighters (and Solo) version. The pack has two different models and a small library of skins for each version. The FS9 pack's updates were in part a test of the WWII Fighters version's FM.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

polcat

Post by polcat »

So, basically it sounds like the P-51D solo is a better more up to date aircraft than the P-51D and H (I never fly the H anyway). It seems like there are more free repaints for it as well as the WWII fighters pack.

Epsillon
Senior Airman

Post by Epsillon »

polcat wrote:It seems like there are more free repaints for it as well as the WWII fighters pack.
Yep.
Go to Avsim and search for "Jan Kees Blom"...
His repaints are also available on Sim-Outhouse (Jankees).

Regards,

Stephan

new reply

Return to “North American P51 "Mustang"”