scrapped

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
KotatehFox
Senior Airman

scrapped

Post by KotatehFox »

looking for skilled repainter to do my cherokee 180 and my cessna 172 for fsx, inside and out, meaning whole new interior and everything! i want it to rival default a2a quality..the cherokee 180 will be a complex design but should (and will) be a work of art after its finished, post examples of your work below, the 180 will be a one of a kind (and one off) project, i have the design and reference patterns as well, though i havent worked out the interior to match the exterior, the 172 is a bit of a christmas present supprise for a really good friend, though i would like one in different paint scheme as well (ill take the same design, to make it easier) but yea, if interested on tackling a really one of a kind project for the 180 pm me, it may be a challenge..but it IS aa one off design for now, if you have fseconomy i could pay you in v$ or something..
Last edited by KotatehFox on 17 Dec 2017, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ebo
Master Sergeant

Re: (very) skilled repainter wanted cherokee 180 and cessna

Post by ebo »

KotatehFox wrote:looking for skilled repainter to do my cherokee 180 and my cessna 172 for fsx, inside and out, meaning whole new interior and everything! i want it to rival default a2a quality..the cherokee 180 will be a complex design but should (and will) be a work of art after its finished, post examples of your work below, the 180 will be a one of a kind (and one off) project, i have the design and reference patterns as well, though i havent worked out the interior to match the exterior, the 172 is a bit of a christmas present supprise for a really good friend, though i would like one in different paint scheme as well (ill take the same design, to make it easier) but yea, if interested on tackling a really one of a kind project for the 180 pm me, it may be a challenge..but it IS aa one off design for now, if you have fseconomy i could pay you in v$ or something..
Sounds very exciting. I have got the 172 but not the 180. Depends how much in a hurry you are. PM me with the details, I might be able to help.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

pm sent, now to find someone willing to tackle a huge project for the 180! lol
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

What's the pay scale? Do we have to pass a test? :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Ron Attwood wrote:What's the pay scale? Do we have to pass a test? :D
I have been chatting with our friend. No test necessary but lots of patience and creativity.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

the 180 will require a skilled painter anyway because of the design so it will be a challenge for any repainter as well as time consuming to get right and will require me working witht he repainter a little to make sure its done properly lol
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Just to be clear, I'm not a 'very' skilled painter, I simply was curious about the pay rates. It sound like a project that would take many, many hours of work. :(

I just noticed. Creativity a necessity! Do you have pictures of the paint you want?

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

well the idea is based off a real airplane, but my rendition of it would be a bit different, its kinda complex and if i could afford real money i would gladly do it, but i figure if the person had fs economy i would throw them some v$ for their time, over there a repaint could cost alot of money...

https://wildlifeandwilddogs.wordpress.c ... o-the-air/
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2b/d0/53 ... 7cc0d8.jpg

the first link is the plane i found, mine will be different in it may not have a face, and on the 180 the top portion of the plane will be done in the pattern leaving the bottom white, that was the general idea but i would work with the painter to see what they thought might look good, the second pic is of an african wild dog, the animal that inspired me to pursue this idea in the first place..i thought it would make for a beautiful aircraft if done right and thats why i want someone that knows all about repainting, as they are a bit complex on pattern and stuff and if not done properly just wont look right, but if done properly it will be a one of a kind repaint for the cherokee 180 and will be a showstopper..
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

@Ron, I will be working on the 172, as i do not own the 180 (perhaps I should get it at some stage or another ;) ).

Then we can compare notes :lol:

I already have some ideas what to do.
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

im hoping this turns out good, i really am because its something you dont see too often, once i get my new pc built im planning on doing some screenshots and stuff, so these repaints will (or should) be seen by alot of people..im planning a trip of sorts with the 180 and the 172, while she may not be in the spitlight she should see some action as well, in fse im starting a group and wild dogs are the theme, hence why i decided on this paint scheme as the primary theme...the plan, if this works out is to have the flagship aircraft be decked out in this paintjob then the other pilots, the fleet birds will have a similar theme but it may only be a thick stripe down the side or something..but the repaint all depends on whether its worth it or not, as in do i actually have people fly in the group, im not gonna waste someones time if im wasting my time doing the group and not seeing results..either way, these will be repaints i cherish for sure, as the idea sounds amazing to me, im really hoping ebo gets this pulled off for the 172, ive seen his work and it looks good so this looks promising
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

i guess im asking too much..
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

KotatehFox wrote:i guess im asking too much..
It's only been a couple of weeks! Do you have any idea how long it takes to do even a crappy paint, much less a figment of someone's imagination?

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

(very) skilled repainter wanted cherokee 180 and cessna 172

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

We all start somewhere and there are PLENTY of tutorials if you want it badly enough...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

im unemployed and my boyfriend doesn't really make much money wise so getting a program is pretty much out of the question, i got lucky with what a2a aircraft (and other payware) i have and its a friggen miracle im even on a pc right now..its going out on me right now and ive scraped together what i could for a new pc, sorry if i hit a nerve Ron, that wasent my intention, i just had a passing in the family today so im a bit out of it..by the way, its nto a figment of my imaginiation, the paint is already on a bn2 islander in africa, i just want it modified a bit...
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: scrapped

Post by Lewis - A2A »

GIMP is free and you can repaint away with that

https://www.gimp.org/

It can be made very Photoshop like so many tutorials will be similar to both, plus at the end of it all you are skilled up on another area.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Repainters”