P51 Black Cockpit Repaint?

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

P51 Black Cockpit Repaint?

Post by DHenriques_ »

A while back someone did a beautiful repaint for a black cockpit in the civilian P51. Does anyone remember this and where I can get the files and necessary installation step by step?
Dudley Henriques

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: P51 Black Cockpit Repaint?

Post by gulredrel »

Is it this one, you are looking for? The package contains a black instrument panel.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 93&t=34002
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

gulredrel wrote:Is it this one, you are looking for? The package contains a black instrument panel.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 93&t=34002
Thanks for trying. Not the one. I think it was someone here on the forum. They sent me the files with a readme on how to install them in the cfg file. Somehow I misplaced the folder. It was done for the civilian 51.
Thanks again for taking the trouble.
DH

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dudley,

Rather a late response as work and stuff has kept me from the forums for a few weeks, but is the thread below any help? The download link within still seems to be active.

New Civilian Cockpits 2.1

I also found this which may be helpful.

Cheers,
Nick

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick M wrote:Hi Dudley,

Rather a late response as work and stuff has kept me from the forums for a few weeks, but is the thread below any help? The download link within still seems to be active.

New Civilian Cockpits 2.1

I also found this which may be helpful.

Cheers,
Nick
That's the one, thanks. Paint 1 is the one I had and misplaced.
D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The MediaFire link is at the bottom of the post (I checked and it still works - a 30 MB rar archive. :) ) Installation should be pretty straightforward: just a case of dropping the contents of the "paint 1" subfolder (not the whole subfolder) into whichever P-51(s) you wish to apply it to.

Cheers,
Nick

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick M wrote:The MediaFire link is at the bottom of the post (I checked and it still works - a 30 MB rar archive. :) ) Installation should be pretty straightforward: just a case of dropping the contents of the "paint 1" subfolder (not the whole subfolder) into whichever P-51(s) you wish to apply it to.

Cheers,
Nick
Found the link after I posted and got it. On installation, any specific location in the chain or doesn't that matter?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just into the .texture folder for the livery in question. For instance, for Moonbeam McSwine put the various *.dds files into:

F:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_P51D_civ\texture.MoonBeam

Nick

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick M wrote:Just into the .texture folder for the livery in question. For instance, for Moonbeam McSwine put the various *.dds files into:

F:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_P51D_civ\texture.MoonBeam

Nick
Into the texture folder. Got it. I've never quite understood the pasting in of a file like this one. Does it have a trigger included in it that automatically over writes the default cockpit or a call preference that puts the new cockpit in front of the default cockpit?
Just trying to figure out why the location of the file in the folder chain doesn't matter?
Got a lot to learn about files I guess LOL

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're correct in that it's a call preference Dudley. Any textures placed in the "texture.???" folder for a specific paint scheme will be loaded instead of the corresponding textures in the main "texture" folder. This allows quite a bit of flexibility in terms of customising individual paint schemes. So whilst it's not exactly true to say that it "doesn't matter" where in the folder structure new textures are placed; there are a couple of options. However, placing the new textures in the main 'texture' folder for the aircraft will overwrite the originals, so it's generally not recommended. :)

Nick

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick M wrote:You're correct in that it's a call preference Dudley. Any textures placed in the "texture.???" folder for a specific paint scheme will be loaded instead of the corresponding textures in the main "texture" folder. This allows quite a bit of flexibility in terms of customising individual paint schemes. So whilst it's not exactly true to say that it "doesn't matter" where in the folder structure new textures are placed; there are a couple of options. However, placing the new textures in the main 'texture' folder for the aircraft will overwrite the originals, so it's generally not recommended. :)

Nick
Ah Soooooooooo!!! It BEGINS to make some sense now. Thanks. :-))))))))))))))
Just installed it. Perfect! Looks now almost exactly like the one I flew (with a few small improvements from Vlado of course. LOL
D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Dudley - I'm glad you managed to get back into your familiar cockpit! :D

Cheers,
Nick

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick M wrote:You're welcome Dudley - I'm glad you managed to get back into your familiar cockpit! :D

Cheers,
Nick
Glad you found that. It completes my "perfect 51" .
DH

new reply

Return to “Repainters”