Transparent Virtual Cockpit?

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
Tom_G_2010
Airman First Class

Transparent Virtual Cockpit?

Post by Tom_G_2010 »

This is yet another strange repaint request. Actually it's more of an unpaint request... :mrgreen:

I'm at a point with my Sim Pit build where I want to do some work to improve the "out the window" view from the pilot’s seat in preparation for the future addition of a 180 degree wrap around projection system.

At present I use the Virtual Cockpit view since this gives me the most flexibility for view alignment. I have the eyepoint and zoom set so that from my pilot’s seat all I see (almost) of the aircraft is the prop. Unfortunately to do this and not show the interior or the upper engine cowl I have to zoom in too much. My prop looks about 25% larger than is realistic.

What I discovered another user did using one the other flight sim packages was to make all the files he could see from the interior transparent except the prop and spinner cone, the wings and, wing struts. That allowed him to set his eyepoint and zoom such that the prop was correctly positioned and zoomed to appear the correct size.

Is this possible with FSX/P3D? If so what would it take to do this? Could the files be made transparent or could they be deleted? I never went be in MS Paint :oops: so this is way over my head. I did make an attempt to identify and delete the files and it almost worked. Except, I was left with a black silhouette or mask where the VC used to be. I could not find the source file for that so I had no way to delete it.

Your thoughts?

Thanks!
Tom G.
https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim/ PC: Intel Core i7 @ 3.2GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, Dual SSDs, NVidea G780 SIM: P3D, FSUIPC4, ASE 2016, Orbix, REX 2, A2A 172

new reply

Return to “Repainters”