nVidia or Me ????????

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

nVidia or Me ????????

Post by Al FR-153 »

Suddenly, and after an update from nVidia a week or so ago, I can no longer create chrome type metal. I thought it was me, so I went back on an old paint that I had done, created a new '_t.dds' file from a known good psd set (using Photoshop CS6) and it too is a dark and non-chromed gray color instead of highly polished stainless steel. I have reloaded the nVidia dds package to no avail. It is happening with 'DXT5' as well as '8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp | unsigned' with the same results. For grins and giggles, I tried the new 'DXT5_NM' which chromed everything (tires included) but destroys all shading.....useless so far.

Looking for suggestions on how to get back to 'normal' (as if I was EVER normal)!

EDITED: The graphics board is a GTX 970 running on nVidia driver 372.70

Al
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: nVidia or Me ????????

Post by mallcott »

If the drivers were updated, you need to restore the `full` colour option in the Nvidia Control Panel - Change Resolution - Output Dynamic Range box.

And 372.70 may not be the best choice of driver.

And did you refesh the shaders?

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Thanks for the hints. Can't do the resolution setting as I have a DVI (Digital Video Input) screen and the resolution is fixed as 1680 x 1050 at 60 HZ which is native to the Samsung display. Shaders didn't do anything for this situation I'm afraid. Looking at going back to an older driver, one that worked, hopefully.

Thanks again, still have the issue though.

Al
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

It could well be nVidia. I am still using 373.06 because all drivers after that break SLI for me in P3D. The "latest" beta ones give me flashing menus on top of flashing smoke and lights. :roll:

So yes, still got the shinies with mine.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Al FR-153 wrote:Thanks for the hints. Can't do the resolution setting as I have a DVI (Digital Video Input) screen and the resolution is fixed as 1680 x 1050 at 60 HZ which is native to the Samsung display. Shaders didn't do anything for this situation I'm afraid. Looking at going back to an older driver, one that worked, hopefully.

Thanks again, still have the issue though.

Al
It's IN the resolution setting, but NOT a resolution setting - scroll down to the bottom. If its set to `Limited`, it's wrong. And it does that by default, on every driver update.

new reply

Return to “Repainters”