Repainting Tutorials

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
BabtridgeMcJoystick
Airman First Class

Re: Repainting Tutorials

Post by BabtridgeMcJoystick »

EightyFiftyFive wrote:Back online.

Going to work on another video in the future. It will cover the entire process from start to finish, complete and then I'll probably take the others offline as they won't be needed. This one video will be long and broken down in hourly segments but it will cover everything needed for beginners and advanced painters.

I'm currently working on some other things so it will be a while before I get to that. I'm glad the tutorials are helping out.
There are several ways of doing things too so keep in mind that what I do in my videos work for me and are shorter and more to the point of making things work on a beginner level then a lot of others may do. I'll be covering other techniques as well in the up coming video.

~A~
They are really helping out that's for sure. Understanding alpha is especially tough but your vids help a ton.

Is there some trick to using ModelConverterX for viewing the livery? I can't seem to convince it to open the MDL's. No error or anything, just nothing happens. Any recommendations happily received ....

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hello,
I have the same problem. When I trie to load/open a model file nothing happens after clicking "open". I have to load the plane into the sim after eaht change I make. Very time consuming. So I'm looking foreward to a solution.
Kind regards,
Eddy

BabtridgeMcJoystick
Airman First Class

FLYING TIGER wrote:Hello,
I have the same problem. When I trie to load/open a model file nothing happens after clicking "open". I have to load the plane into the sim after eaht change I make. Very time consuming. So I'm looking foreward to a solution.
Kind regards,
Eddy
It looks as though only the FSX models work. When I try with my P3D models it fails on all of the A2A planes I have, but the FSX C172 is fine.

skidmarkz
Airman Basic

Post by skidmarkz »

Will it load using the .cfg file instead of the .mdl file?

BabtridgeMcJoystick
Airman First Class

skidmarkz wrote:Will it load using the .cfg file instead of the .mdl file?
I'd need to look into how you do that, but its also possible I need to configure the P3D decompiler in the options screen, I will check it out.

skidmarkz
Airman Basic

Post by skidmarkz »

BabtridgeMcJoystick wrote:
skidmarkz wrote:Will it load using the .cfg file instead of the .mdl file?
I'd need to look into how you do that, but its also possible I need to configure the P3D decompiler in the options screen, I will check it out.
Give this a shot; http://youtu.be/feDRLSA4dMU
I do it this way in FSX, hopefully Prepared is similar?

RL Wilkinson
Airman

Post by RL Wilkinson »

Has it gone down again? I hope is restored as I'm just starting to do re-paints.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

FLYING TIGER
Airman First Class

Post by FLYING TIGER »

Hello there,
it's been a very long time since I did a repaint and forgot everything about it - hey I'm 66 now, don't laugh, you're day will come :P . How come that when I click on the YouTube link for the tutorials by "EightyFiftyFive" ,which helped me much the first time, I get the message "this channel has no content" ? (or something like that - this is my geussed translation from Dutch). Are these tutorials been removed, or I'm I doing something wrong ?(as usual :mrgreen: )
Can anybody clear this mystery please?

Thanks in advance guys,
kind regards,
Eddy

new reply

Return to “Repainters”