Gauges lights on textures don't match lights off!

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
rictus
Senior Airman

Gauges lights on textures don't match lights off!

Post by rictus »

i have no idea how I've managed this, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the Cherokee and deleted all the relevant files and the problem came back!

I have installed the Gauge mod for the ASI in knots, which has been fine for ages. I tried installing the optional VC which has slightly darker textures which looks a bit nicer. Since then, when I turn on the instrument/nav lights, the gauges illuminate, but have the 'wrong' gauges behind them - eg I can see the ASI in mph behind the ASI in knots and a slightly different VSI as well. I know the texture isn't coming from nowhere, but it's not part of my repaint which just does the exterior and falls back (apart from the panel) to vcgray. Being that I've reinstalled the whole thing, this replacing anything in vcgray, I am at a loss!

Could anyone advise?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Gauges lights on textures don't match lights off!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like the lighting from the textures havnt been changed so they are just using the defaults without the day time mods you have installed.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rictus
Senior Airman

Post by rictus »

Hi Lewis - I'm sorry I don't think I quite follow - do you mean the night textures come active when you turn the panel lights on? Which file are these in?

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rich,

It's the "gauges_lm.bmp" file which provides the gauge night textures I believe. If you're trying to 'mix and match' gauge textures from different sources, that may explain your problems.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

rictus
Senior Airman

Post by rictus »

Thanks Nick - after some further tinkering last night I realised!

I had downloaded the lovely VC mod that KDFW made (http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 15&t=47862) which includes the nice 'old school Piper' blue artificial horizon- but still wanted the ASI in knots. I had modified the DDS but not the BMP...

Thanks for the pointer :)

new reply

Return to “Repainters”