MT Prop Spinner Changes Colors

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
jomama
Airman Basic

MT Prop Spinner Changes Colors

Post by jomama »

Hi,

I'm repainting the Comanche, blue over gray, and the MT prop spinner is blue when the aircraft is idle and changes to gray when the engine is running. How can I fix that?

Thanks in advance...
Bill Alderson

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: MT Prop Spinner Changes Colors

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

Yes thats because you have one of the spinner parts painted different then the other.

There are FOUR spinner parts onboard. There are the two up top for the polished spinner which are together and then there are two on the right side of the pallet but they are not together and one looks different from the other. Both sets have one for static and one is animation. See screenshot below.

The RED and BLUE below are only for highlighting purposes so you know where the spinner pieces are.

The TWO red ones go together which are for the polished spinner and if you want your spinner painted then you paint the two parts below (IN BLUE) whatever color you wish but those two have to be the same color also.

On the actual pallet you would leave the gray ones alone (red below) cause those are for the polished spinner but you can paint the other two (blue below) what ever color you wish. One half is for the animations and one is for static.

Somehow for instance either one of your polished spinner halfs got painted or one of your paint halfs got painted differently from it's counterpart or matching piece.

Also, you can paint the polished spinner too if you don't want a polished spinner but just make sure both parts of each set is the same color. You'll have to play around with it and just try different things to get it looking right.

Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

jomama
Airman Basic

Re: MT Prop Spinner Changes Colors

Post by jomama »

Thanks for pointing out what was what. Problem solved. :D
Bill Alderson

new reply

Return to “Repainters”