B17G to B17F

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
tgycgijoes
Airman

B17G to B17F

Post by tgycgijoes »

I modified the blank od texture today from Nath and removed the chin turret because the aircraft I want to do is an F with no chin turret not a B17G however, being a novice at this, I forgot that the chin turret is still there in the .MDL file though it is dark gray with no texture on it. Therefore, my question for Scott/Lewis: Is there any chance for you guys to make an .MDL file of a B-17F with no chin turret for us guys to download? It would then be up to the repainter to paint his texture. I am not an expert and I was able to do it so I am sure the really great repainters could make a blank nmf and od available as soon as you guys did the model file. I was able to open the .MDL file to observe it today. It did not look difficult to do but again I am not an expert. Guys??? It would make a lot more B-17s available for repainting some great noseart. I know that the panel was a bit different but externally it would be an "F". I personally like that better than putting B17F noseart and markings onto a B17G. Thank you for a fantastic airplane in the A2A B-17G Accusim. I love flying it. Have almost 100 hours in it since I started flying it in the 91st BG.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: B17G to B17F

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no plans for this afraid, the F variant differs vastly to the G variant with many external differences from nose to tail but most importantly some big system changes internally.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Repainters”