Repaint newbie - a few questions and problems

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
Sazoga
Airman First Class

Repaint newbie - a few questions and problems

Post by Sazoga »

Hey guys!

I just wanted to make my own C172 (with a german registration) and I finally found the D-ETTS. It's very pretty, because you can change the colours to black, red and gold :D Here's a pic:

So I downloaded the Paint Kit, imported it to GIMP (I love GIMP and I'm not going to use Photoshop..) and downloaded DXTBmp. But first of all, I have to paint the aircraft.. But I don't know how to paint these three "lines" correctly. Could you please help me there? I tried it with the lasso selection (if that is the correct word in english), so I had to select every single point for the form, which wasn't as easy as I thought. Here's my (bad) result after 2 hours.. And yeah, I already know that it says D-EETS in GIMP and the registration is D-ETTS, I took this picture yesterday..

And I think you can see it.. My black line (selected every single point, as I wrote) is just horrible. But there was an issue after I created my older thread (but in the wrong subforum). I saved it to .psd but the file size wasn't 315MB anymore (like the original c172_t), just 37,5MB.. And GIMP said I have to save export it, before I close GIMP (as I tried to close GIMP). But I already exported it D: Yeah and now the .psd is broken.. So I can't save my progress to .psd, I hope it's going to work with TARGA :/

Could an expert please help me? :(

new reply

Return to “Repainters”