P-51 Spinning Prop Hub for Multi-colors.

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
Musicman
Senior Airman

P-51 Spinning Prop Hub for Multi-colors.

Post by Musicman »

Found a temporary solution for making a multi-colored hub look like it's spinning.
I'm showing the BBD because this a good example.
Half black, half white hub. To make it look like it's spinning, check out first image of the hub from the template. Below that is the result in game. Of course it looks better in motion. It will rotate slowly as the prop is running. Pretty good result. Give it a shot.

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Re: P-51 Spinning Prop Hub for Multi-colors.

Post by CharlieP51 »

Hey Musicman,
Is there something I can download to add this effect. I have not learned repainting or such yet..though it is on my to-do list one day. I want to do a repaint on my Accu-Sim P51 in a baby blue with navy blue tail and accents. I need to do some kind of nose art with the name "Beautiful Killer" and 'also the name 'Plane Jane' with some T&A female as appropriate of course..TY for sharing..

Charlie in Sin City 8)
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

Musicman
Senior Airman

Post by Musicman »

I'm afraid it's up to the original author, (oyvjohns) of BDD to redo and or add this to his skin.
I put this up for any repainters to play with. The BBD in the screens is actually my own version. I do this for experimentation purposes. I will not upload my version of some one else paint. :wink: I put this up as a painters tip. :|

CharlieP51
Staff Sergeant

Post by CharlieP51 »

Musicman wrote:I'm afraid it's up to the original author, (oyvjohns) of BDD to redo and or add this to his skin.
I put this up for any repainters to play with. The BBD in the screens is actually my own version. I do this for experimentation purposes. I will not upload my version of some one else paint. :wink: I put this up as a painters tip. :|
Thank you anyway for sharing..it does help inspirew me somewhat. Did not realize this was someone elsae's work you edited..no prob... :mrgreen:
Intel Core i7 at 4.2 Ghz w/H2O-16G HyperX RAM-Crucial M4 128G SSD (x2) FSX-SSD & Win7-SSD -GTX 690 5G DDR5-LG 32" HDMI 1920x1080

ImageImage
Image Image

oyvjohns
Airman First Class

Post by oyvjohns »

Hey Musicman.
I guess you have an early version of the BBD, cause the last one has this:

A litle bit different from yours i see, guess that your one is getting a little more "live" when spinning?

But i have another problem with this paint that i just cant figure out.
Hope anyone can help me with this.?

Check out this pics.

Inside the scoop you see some picture..
I have tryed and tryed to fix this but i just cant.
Long time since i have bothered to aggrevate myselfe ower this now, but after the Civistang came out and i tryed BBD in Civi mode, i spotted it again.
Im getting crazy when i see this, just cant figure out where this error is.
Hope anyone can help me figure out this.
Big plans to fix up the BBD paint to a shiny and fresh version, but i dont bother when this anoing error is present.

Regards Ø.

Musicman
Senior Airman

Post by Musicman »

With that little paint mod for the prop it shows the black and white separation as it spins with some blur and will rotate with prop slowly.

I was messing with your skin a bit myself to see what it would look like shinny.

As for the scoop thing. I'll look into it and see what I can find.

new reply

Return to “Repainters”