Help Please!

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
Bramage
Airman First Class

Help Please!

Post by Bramage »

This is my first repaint attempt and I gotta say its alot of fun doing this but when it comes to installing the aircraft I'm having some issues. I got it to show into fsx but the paint is really messed....nothing is in the spot where it should be. One side has the camo on it and the other side has the underside painting on it (this is on the fuselage) now the wings has the nose cone on it and also the aircraft id numbers....what went wrong? BTW this is for the spitfire.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU [email protected], NVidia GeForce 9800 GT, Corsair DDR2 8GB of Ram

Baron58
Senior Airman

Re: Help Please!

Post by Baron58 »

Sounds like you forgot to flip the texture vertically when exporting?
What software applications are you using to do your repaints?
What software are you using to convert to dds?
Ted

Bramage
Airman First Class

Post by Bramage »

that did it! now i just have to fix my letters and change the color, fix the camo, props are chrome....how do you fix that? and then place the nose art....how do you do that too?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU [email protected], NVidia GeForce 9800 GT, Corsair DDR2 8GB of Ram

Baron58
Senior Airman

Post by Baron58 »

Again! Tell us which application you are using i.e. Photoshop, GIMP, Paint Shop Pro etc. and someone with the relevant knowledge will try to help you. In the meantime, try Googling "FSX Repainting Tutorial" and if you are in fact using Adobe Photoshop there are many tutorials on the net regarding manipulating layers and channels including alpha channels, which figure strongly in FSX Aircraft painting.

Ted

new reply

Return to “Repainters”