Paint.net v3.10

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Paint.net v3.10

Post by trucker17 »

Hey everyone...My gimp stoped working for me...Lost files someplace....
Anyways....
I am now Useing Paint.net v3.10
The system opens even dds files with no problem.....I have been trying to a paint transfered to the P-51D but have had no luck.....
Has anyone used this system before for this kind of paints....
And if so could you tell me how to transfer to the aircraft with this system.....Thx....
Craig.

killer757
Staff Sergeant

Re: Paint.net v3.10

Post by killer757 »

I use it and have no problem, Just flatten the image, hit save and save as DDS. Works for me. What part do you get stuck on?
ImageImage

phillik747
Senior Airman

Post by phillik747 »

trucker17 wrote:Hey everyone...My gimp stoped working for me...

Why did Pulp Fiction come to mind? :lol:
ASEL, AMEL, Commercial, Instrument.
Former Naval Aviator.

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

lol good movie
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

I tired this program the other night and had to take it right back off the computer. THEN I had to spend about an hour or so hunting down the crap it installed on my system (SPAM and SALES Pitches to buy junk) from dozens of sites. Then I had a lag problem and had to run 3 different programs I use to get rid of all this stuff which was also lagging my system down, causing my screens to flicker when I go online and then causing my last P51 Civilian Mustang I just repainted to burst into flames!!!! well OK so I'm kidding about the mustang (I painted it that way lol) but the rest of this post is true!.

If I were you guys... check your system out and run some virus scans and see what happens.
This program hides itself until something in your system tied into this program *Clicks* and then you'll have a problem.

Just my $0.02

~A~
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

deepdiver8055 wrote:I tired this program the other night and had to take it right back off the computer. THEN I had to spend about an hour or so hunting down the crap it installed on my system (SPAM and SALES Pitches to buy junk) from dozens of sites. Then I had a lag problem and had to run 3 different programs I use to get rid of all this stuff which was also lagging my system down, causing my screens to flicker when I go online and then causing my last P51 Civilian Mustang I just repainted to burst into flames!!!! well OK so I'm kidding about the mustang (I painted it that way lol) but the rest of this post is true!.

If I were you guys... check your system out and run some virus scans and see what happens.
This program hides itself until something in your system tied into this program *Clicks* and then you'll have a problem.

Just my $0.02

~A~
Paint.net wont do the above, however downloading from a dodgy or untrusted site could mean you are downloading paint.net + all the junk thats mentioned above. Paint.net is one of the trusted apps used by many including many schools. However as with any free software there will always be those offering dodgy downloads just like with VLC media player, spyware removal programs etc.

Also common user mistake on installing is what we call 'next next finish'. Always read the installation process and never just click next next finish as no doubt there will be tick boxes left ticked or unticked that allows toolbars and other nonsense to be installed.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

killer757
Staff Sergeant

Post by killer757 »

Hello,

I went to gimp for a day or two, its OK but I love Paint.net. As with the spam, I have never gotten that. Just make sure to download from there site, not some other advertising site. Also, when you install, there is a box called "custom install" Use that to install it with more options. There is also a spot for plugins on there website. Those can come in handy sometimes :)

Ty D.
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Repainters”