Bump Maps

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
antihero6713
Airman First Class

Bump Maps

Post by antihero6713 »

How do you change them per plane? I tried to do it with little witch with no success. I was wanting to get rid of the fuselage fuel tank.

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

steve

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Re: Bump Maps

Post by mountainhighair »

Assuming you are speaking of the Mustang? All of the files that paint the model are located in each skin's folder, except one. Yes, the bump map file is found in the main "texture" folder within the main WoP3 Mustang folder. You can play with the "texture.cfg" file within each skin's folder to aim it at a new texture folder that you create that contains the new bump map file you are wanting to create.
Hope that helps.

KaptajnKjuk
Airman First Class

Post by KaptajnKjuk »

Or you can just copy the bumpmap into your specific plane's folder, and the sim will use that one instead. The sim looks in the plane's texture folder first, before falling back upon the directories specified in the texture.cfg :)

antihero6713
Airman First Class

Post by antihero6713 »

thanks guys was little late on that. I have to fix little witch was trying to get rid of the fuel tank cap behind the cockpit left side

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

KaptajnKjuk wrote:Or you can just copy the bumpmap into your specific plane's folder, and the sim will use that one instead. The sim looks in the plane's texture folder first, before falling back upon the directories specified in the texture.cfg :)
That is 100% correct. I forgot my own methods for repaint uploads. :-) Thanks for clarifying Kapt.

new reply

Return to “Repainters”