P3D default gps

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Kaydet
Airman Basic

P3D default gps

Post by Kaydet »

Hi all,

Since buying the A2A P51 for p3d I have been experiencing some crash to desktops.(seem to happen mostly close to landing) Somehow, when i use the default gps this does not seem to happen so far, so I am assuming this might have something to do with my installed Gtn650 from F1.

My question then, is there anyway to change the default gps in the mustang. P3D includes 2 default gps modules. I have changed them in some other planes but have no clue where to find the lines in the panel file for the mustang.
P3d can use the fs9gps and the p3dgps cab files.

The reason im asking is because i have used fsaerodata and navigraph to update the navdata in p3D, So the default gps (p3dgps.cab) includes the new data, and this gps module also allows the use of SID's and STAR's etc.

I understand this is not a plane you often fly sid's and stars etc. But sometimes it would be fun to do some gps prededures

Thanks for your time!

Mike

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Re: P3D default gps

Post by ROB - A2A »

Mike, do you mean 2D or 3D or both?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kaydet
Airman Basic

Post by Kaydet »

ROB - A2A wrote:Mike, do you mean 2D or 3D or both?

regards
ROB
To be Honest I have not taken a look at the 2d pop up gauge of the gps.
I’m talking about the 3D gps unit in the virtual cockpit.

Thanks

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Our default GPS we use in our planes consists of two parts: the case with buttons and the display. This refers to 2D and 3D. While we created the case, the display is extracted from the default GPS from fs9gps.cab. Do you think if I extract the display from p3dgps.cab and replace the old one with it, will you be able to update its data?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kaydet
Airman Basic

Post by Kaydet »

I think that will work yes, in some other planes I have had success changing the fs9gps.cab to p3dgps.cab in the panel cfg file.

Here i have a copy from the faq from my p3d navdata update software:

HOW CAN BE SIMULATED SIDS AND STAR PROCEDURES ON THE GPS UNITS?
implements aprox. 65,000 SIDs and STARs procedures that can be simulated using a new feature available on Prepar3D GPS units. Feature is available with the 'PROC' (Procedures) button.

To enable this feature on any aircraft GPS, the user has to edit the aircraft panel configuration file, replacing the gps type from default version 'fs9gps.cab' to 'p3dgps.cab'.

Is there a way i can test this? i would gladly help. But even without updating, we should be able to see more options when pressing the PROC page on the gps from P3DGPS.cab

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

I don't think there will be a problem with the new PROC procedures. My main question is the "fsaerodata and navigraph" you mentioned. Will you be able to update the navdata in a gps code (file) which is taken away from p3dgps.cab and seriously edited?

BTW these new PROC precedures, do they exist from the 1st version of P3D or have they been included in a later version?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kaydet
Airman Basic

Post by Kaydet »

Hello Rob,

Im sorry, i have no idea how it works.
Fsaerodata uses a simple interface where i just update P3D nav data. This data is then found in the standard p3d gps. But the Sid/stars etc works only when the plane uses p3dgps.cab.

I also dont know if this is working since the beginning from p3d. I started doing this since about a year ago i guess.

Sorry i dont have the answers you are looking for.

Mike

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”