P-51 installation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
chesky16
Airman Basic

P-51 installation

Post by chesky16 »

I seem to be having installation problems. I keep getting a message stating set-up could not find Wo P3 P-51 installed. I had no difficulty with the Texan but the Mustang is frustrating me which isn't hard as my tech knowledge is paleolithic (I'm an old guy). Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P-51 installation

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi chesky16 - welcome to the forums and sorry there's been a bit of a delay in approving/responding to your post.

It sounds like you might be trying to install the Accu-Sim expansion pack for the P-51 without installing the P-51 itself beforehand. If you've recently purchased from the A2A site, your download should include both installers, but the products are still sold separately elsewhere.

If you can let us know the exact name of the installer you're trying to run, and also your operating system and host sim platform, we can hopefully point you in the right direction.

Thanks,
Nick

chesky16
Airman Basic

Post by chesky16 »

I have Windows 10 and use FSX-Steam edition as to the exact name of the installer which you asked me for I'm afraid you'll have to draw me a picture. I don't know what you mean. Thanx.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks.

To clarify, please can you tell us the filename of the *.exe file you're trying to run.

Nick

chesky16
Airman Basic

Post by chesky16 »

As to the installer when the system tries to install it uses something called Wise Installation Wizard. It goes through a short process then tells me that it could not find WOP3-P51 installed. Is that the information you asked for? My gut is telling me its not as it was too easy. Thanks again.

chesky16
Airman Basic

Post by chesky16 »

Not wishing to burn anyone's tail feathers but I'm still sitting here with a P-51 file making elephant ears at me while I'm trying to get installation assistance. The last query was for me to inform you what .exe I was trying to use. I didn't know and answered to the best of my ability. I have not received a response since. I've dealt with A2A before but through Steam. But I got the Texan from you with no difficulty. I do not understand computers and therefore do not understand the problem. What I need is the most basic of assistance taking into account my total technical illiteracy. Is it possible to send another copy? Would that possibly be a solution? Please inform.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

(EDIT: I just realized that Accusim is now included with all packages. Please disregard.)
Last edited by CodyValkyrie on 17 Sep 2018, 03:52, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello chesky16,

Apologies for the slow response to your previous post.

What we need to know to help you further is the exact name of that P-51 file you mention. If you can tell us where you purchased the product from and what it was called on the sales page we should be able to help. (For example, do you have an email invoice which describes it?).

Failing that, does the file you're running match any of these?

Thanks,
Nick

chesky16
Airman Basic

Post by chesky16 »

I'm trying to run wop3_p51_accusim.EXE. I purchased from A2A Simulations and the product is the Accu-sim P-51 Mustang (FSX) and the download is listed as same with addition of "military". Again I appreciate your help. I realize you have other things on your plate. From the reviews I've read and videos I've seen the plane looks like a first-class piece of work and I'm eager to fly it. Thanks again.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

chesky16 wrote:I'm trying to run wop3_p51_accusim.EXE. I purchased from A2A Simulations and the product is the Accu-sim P-51 Mustang (FSX) and the download is listed as same with addition of "military". Again I appreciate your help. I realize you have other things on your plate. From the reviews I've read and videos I've seen the plane looks like a first-class piece of work and I'm eager to fly it. Thanks again.

Just to clarify a bit, you should have 2 files if you purchased the entire package. One should be the wop_p51 and the other the wop_accusim. Proper installation procedure is to run the wop_p51 first to install the plane itself and then run the accusim installer afterwards.

If you are not sure of what you purchased and purchased from A2A, them search the members for Lewis-A2A and send him a private message (pm) with your email you used to purchase and the order number and he can verify whether or not you purchased the required items.

Hopefully you will get sorted soon.

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

Below is the "IMPORTANT:READ" file content in the 'wop3_p51_accusim' package you downloaded.
You must install the core Accu-Sim update

INSTALLATION ORDER for ALL ACCUSIM AIRCRAFT
1. Aircraft
2. Accu-Sim
3. Accu-Sim Core Update

Always install the latest Core Accu-Sim Update LAST.

Visit our forums for the latest core accu-sim update:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum

- A2A Simulations Support
Basically :
1) install the aircraft
2) Install Accusim.
3) go to the A2A forum https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 24&t=57819 and download the last update.

chesky16
Airman Basic

Post by chesky16 »

I thank everyone for their responses. It's nice to see how the community pulls together. It would seem and this is the rankest of amateurs talking that the download was imperfect. Each time I try to install I'm informed "the set-up could not find the WoP3 P-51 installed" and that the problem would be "likely corrected by re-installing the aircraft." And so it goes.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi chesky16,

It's still not clear from your posts if you've installed either "wop3_p51.exe" or "wop3_p51_civ.exe" before you try to install "wop3_p51_accusim.exe" expansion pack.

It's essential that you install at least one of these before you install the Accu-Sim expansion. The Accu-Sim pack enhances the P-51, but you must install the P-51 itself before you install the Accu-Sim pack.

Thanks,
Nick

chesky16
Airman Basic

Post by chesky16 »

All I can find is a file marked WoP_p51_accusim. It's contents include Important Read and WoP_p51_accusim. When I click the latter it goes into "EXE" mode begins installing then stops when it can't find the airplane. Could we cancel the download then try another? Thanks again.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Please can you send me a private message chesky16 with the email address you used for your purchase in the A2A store. Then we can hopefully work out exactly which product(s) you've purchased and when.

To do this, you need to click the button labelled 'pm' below.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”