Problems with Civ 51 after adding Mil 51???

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Theo27
Airman Basic

Problems with Civ 51 after adding Mil 51???

Post by Theo27 »

I'm new to A2A, but really like mike first products while I could get them to work. A little over two weeks ago, only being able to afford one product, I bought the WOP3 Civilian Mustang and was in flight sim heaven figuring out how to properly operate it. About two weeks and another paycheck later I added the WOP3 Military Mustang and spent the last few days learning the differences, with the intent to add the P-51 Accu-Sim next.

Unfortunately, I discovered when I wanted to switch back to the civ 51D, that it had several problems. According to the F+7 maintenance hanger the plane was like new with no issues. The F+4 Payload & Fuel Manager indicates Oxygen full, Engine Coolant 0%, After Coolant 0%, Hydraulic Fluid 0%, none of which can be charged / filled / changed. The battery can be switched on, but not the GPS, and the engine cannot be started by manual procedures, F+3 Auto-Start or Ctrl+E fast start. Another clue may be the beacon light switch flickers between on and off.

My attempted solution was to uninstall then re-install the civ mustang, which appeared to solve the problem, as Glamourous Gal started right up and flew normally. As a test, I next went to switch to a Military Mustang and discovered that they were missing from the hanger!!

I was able to reinstall them, even though it didn't look like I had removed them, but they worked as expected once reinstalled. I next went to confirm that the civilian 51 worked only to discover that original problems are all back and as described. If it helps to know, I bought both through FSP, but cannot imagine why the WOP3 military 51 seems to prevent the Civilian 51 from working correctly or how this should be fixed.

I'd be very grateful for help in fixing these impressive planes.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Problems with Civ 51 after adding Mil 51???

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you didn't run the latest updater here after the installation of the aircraft;
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 94&t=57819

that should have you up and flying.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Theo27
Airman Basic

Post by Theo27 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

it sounds like you didn't run the latest updater here after the installation of the aircraft;
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 94&t=57819

that should have you up and flying.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Thank you Lewis. The update loaded smoothly as did the Civilian Mustang. When I get back from work, I'll try the military 51, I'll post the results. In any case, I appreciate the timely assistance.

Theo27
Airman Basic

Post by Theo27 »

Update, I was able to load and start the military Mustang also. Now looking forward to adding Accusim next week and see how much it adds to the realism.

FWIW, is it just me or does the Civ Mustang engine not cut out as easily as easily as it did before?

I think before it would cut out with RPM a touch below 1200. MAybe I need to reset the throttle gate at both ends?

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”