Problems with New Install

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gpbarth
Airman First Class

Problems with New Install

Post by gpbarth »

This may be a problem with all A2A aircraft, but for right now... I have Win 10, FSX/SE and the civvie P-51. I'm also running EZ-Dok v2. Setting up my views in the cockpit, I have now lost most of the mouse button control over the cockpit switches and knobs. I set up a view of the switches on the right panel, and I cannot move the switches with the mouse button. Then I tried the mags, which can be seen in the right panel view, and they work. As does the Fuel shut-off and the fuel selector. But if I go to my Pilot view and use the middle mouse button to pan down to the mags, cut-off, selector, the mouse no longer works.

What I'm saying is that, depending on my views, the mouse may or may not work. I expect this to carry through on the other A2A aircraft I have. EZ-Dok?

Any ideas?
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Problems with New Install

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

make sure your views are internal model and also that they are not inside the model geometry as FS will prevent mouse usage. Also as default the mouse buttons are part of the default sim, best not to re-map them.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

gpbarth
Airman First Class

Post by gpbarth »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

make sure your views are internal model and also that they are not inside the model geometry as FS will prevent mouse usage. Also as default the mouse buttons are part of the default sim, best not to re-map them.

thanks
Lewis
Not sure what you mean, Lewis. When I set up EZ-Dok, I have a Pilot view, right panel view,, left panel view, gauges view, etc. In the picture, you'll see my right panel view. Using the mouse (no reprogramming), I can turn the mag switch, operate the Fuel Shut-off, and the Tank selector. However, the mouse will not move any of the switches (Batt., Gen, Avionics). When I went back to the Pilot view, nothing worked with the mouse. No mag switch, no Prop, no Primer. Nothing. Can't even open the canopy.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlPmXnMT2mDk6AQ-GPNlWW14Zauq
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ez-dok is reknown for giving the wrong view of the model and edits our files causing headaches. We personally recommend chaseplane as we where able to reach out to them and get a couple issues resolved within 24hrs of the issues being ID'ed so its 100% compatible with complex 3d party aircraft including our own and a great camera add-on.

It sounds like you could be in an external view instead of internal view or some-such.

I'd recommend going to Ezdok support to try to track down what might be wrong, alternatively remove ezdok utterly from the Mustang to get things back to working order.

thanks,
Lewis

gpbarth
Airman First Class

Post by gpbarth »

Yeah, Lewis, I figured it out, with your help and a few others. You cannot use the zoom feature to adjust your views. In EZ-Dok, you have to use the mouse, cursor keys, and the Page Up/Page Down keys only, and keep your finger off that mouse wheel. It didn't take much to take the mouse out of focus. I deleted every view, and re-did them all without zoom, and everything is working fine now.

In case anyone else asks - NO ZOOM! :D
-= Gary =-

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear Gary thanks for posting your solution so other Ezdok users will see it should they encounter it.

cheers and happy flying,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”