Very disappointing first purchase of an A2A product

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kiwi392
Airman

Very disappointing first purchase of an A2A product

Post by kiwi392 »

I purchased the A2A P51D and the Accu-Sim Expansion Pack.

FSX, which performs very well with other payware on my near to new Gaming PC performs VERY poorly with the P51 - to the point where it's unusable.
1) main of the standard FSX keys do not work
2) the throttle does not work with my logitech 3d Pro
3) The aircraft will not start
4) freezes FSX and the entire PC for up to 20 seconds at a time

My PC Spec :
Windows 10
32 GB of memory
SSD hard drive
Dual Radeon R9 200 graphics cards

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Re: Very disappointing first purchase of an A2A product

Post by A-26Invader »

Did you run the newest update for the P-51? Also did you read the manual before jumping right into the Mustang? Doing both of those will set you up correctly in the P-51 and it will run correctly once proper configuration Is achieved.
ImageImageImage

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

kiwi392 wrote:I purchased the A2A P51D and the Accu-Sim Expansion Pack.

FSX, which performs very well with other payware on my near to new Gaming PC performs VERY poorly with the P51 - to the point where it's unusable.
1) main of the standard FSX keys do not work
2) the throttle does not work with my logitech 3d Pro
3) The aircraft will not start
4) freezes FSX and the entire PC for up to 20 seconds at a time

My PC Spec :
Windows 10
32 GB of memory
SSD hard drive
Dual Radeon R9 200 graphics cards

First of all, hang in there with us for a while while the forum zeros in and tries to help get you sorted out. :-)))
Obviously, the P51 is running perfectly well on computers all over the world. It's one of the most accepted planes ever produced for flight simulation. In fact I just finished flying it myself last night.
Since your other planes are working, the issue HAS to be something associated with the P51 installation. Don't worry, we have dozens of people on the forum here who will help you. I'm the airplane guy and you need a computer guy on this so I'll turn this over to the folks who deal with installation.
I know how frustrating it can be when something like happens but as I said, hang in with us. We'll get you up and running so you can enjoy the Mustang. Trust me, the folks on the forum are some of the best simmers on the planet. The issue is most likely something that got out of sequence. The folks will find it and get you all checked out .

Dudley Henriques

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

can you let us know if you purchased the base Mustang or the full Accu-sim P-51 with realism package.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

kiwi392
Airman

Post by kiwi392 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello and welcome to the forums,

can you let us know if you purchased the base Mustang or the full Accu-sim P-51 with realism package.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis

I chose the wings of power military P51d with the added accusim expansion pack.

If this information helps, my order number was 125406
For the installation I followed the order shown in the following FAQ
To the letter : http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 94&t=29887

I also downloaded and ran Doctor A2A (Dr_A2A.exe). I attach the output to this post. I’ve also sent this
To doctor at a2asimulations.com

Regards

Tim

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The part where you say FSX freezes for 20 seconds seems to indicate a larger issue. Is it at the loading splash screen or during the sim? Does it only happen when the A2A P-51 is loaded?

If some FSX keys aren't working when you load other aircraft, it might be you have an earlier Windows 10 update that caused some problems with FSX/P3D. The latest 'Fall Creators Update' fixed that.

I'm thinking, as a start, you should uninstall the P-51 completely and then reinstall only the base model for now. Why? The AccuSim portion, and more specifically its interface with FSX's SimConnect, might be at fault. (Or maybe not -- but let's take this in steps. :) )

Install the base model and test it first in clear weather/sparse scenery and progressively increase the scenery and cloud intensity from there. Use autostart at first and work up through the manual start steps.

Once you are comfortable that the base model is working satisfactorily, then install the AccuSim portion. AccuSim will change the startup procedure and it will also record wear/damage to the aircraft, so it is really essential you follow the startup checklist for proper operationg. Also, keep checking the maintenance status of your aircraft using Shift+7. If you have a broken engine, obviously you'll have difficulty starting up the aircraft.

For the purpose of this diagnostic I recommend you perform the Core Update only after you are sure the AccuSim portion is working correctly.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

kiwi392
Airman

Post by kiwi392 »

Skycat wrote:The part where you say FSX freezes for 20 seconds seems to indicate a larger issue. Is it at the loading splash screen or during the sim? Does it only happen when the A2A P-51 is loaded?
When -attempting- to fly the aircraft .. the whole PC just locks up ... amazing frame rates and performance with everything but this A2A aircraft
Skycat wrote:If some FSX keys aren't working when you load other aircraft, it might be you have an earlier Windows 10 update that caused some problems with FSX/P3D. The latest 'Fall Creators Update' fixed that
No, all other aircraft are working just fine
Skycat wrote:I'm thinking, as a start, you should uninstall the P-51 completely and then reinstall only the base model for now. Why? The AccuSim portion, and more specifically its interface with FSX's SimConnect, might be at fault. (Or maybe not -- but let's take this in steps. :) )
Tried - did not work - same freezes, functionality not working
Skycat wrote:Install the base model and test it first in clear weather/sparse scenery and progressively increase the scenery and cloud intensity from there. Use autostart at first and work up through the manual start steps.
Tried - did not work - same freezes, functionality not working

thanks for your help

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I'm stumped. With your hardware you should be able to run three copies of FSX simultaneously. I've flown the A2A Mustang+AccuSim on a 10-year old, midgrade, off-the-shelf HP tower with a 512MB video card dropped in without freeze-ups.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Hello kiwi392,
I've been watching this thread in interest. Trouble shooting issues can be challenging and fascinating at the same time. I am not the one with the answers here but I do have some ideas… ideas that are normal procedures for installing A2A aircraft. So if these seem redundant or basic I mean no disrespect.

1- Do you have FSX-SE installed or FSX-boxed or both?
2- Did you extract the installer from the compressed file into a temporary folder and run the exe as Admin?
3- Did you install the WoP3 P-51D to the default location of the installer or was it necessary to redirect?
4- On first run of the WoP3 P-51D did you “accept” to allow FSX to run the A2A_Accusim.dll and P51.dll?
5- On running the Updater is it necessary to redirect to the correct location and was it run as Admin?
6- When running the Updater did you choose the simulator correctly? Sorry, I gotta ask.
7- When the updater stalls with task manager showing it running please look behind the updater window for another window. The updater includes pop-ups during the process and sometimes this pop-up window will hide behind the main updater window making you think it has stalled when it is actually waiting for you to choose an option.
8- This one is rare but I have seen it on several computers. The first attempt at installing an aircraft goes wrong so the installer is run again, and again. Each time with an attempt to get the correct location/path. After a bit the person has installed the aircraft to more than one location. I’ve seen an aircraft installed within an aircraft, within an aircraft, up to two or three deep. This did not run very well to say the least.
9- Was Direct X installed when prompted?

I know you have two threads going and smart people trying to help you out. I have faith that you will get it sorted. The trouble you are having is unfortunate but hang in there. The P-51 Accusim is an amazing aircraft and worth the effort you are going through.

Good luck
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

kiwi392
Airman

Post by kiwi392 »

WB_FlashOver wrote: 1- Do you have FSX-SE installed or FSX-boxed or both?
FSX-SE
WB_FlashOver wrote: 2- Did you extract the installer from the compressed file into a temporary folder and run the exe as Admin?
correct. Extracted and run as admin
WB_FlashOver wrote: 3- Did you install the WoP3 P-51D to the default location of the installer or was it necessary to redirect?
Default location
WB_FlashOver wrote: 4- On first run of the WoP3 P-51D did you “accept” to allow FSX to run the A2A_Accusim.dll and P51.dll?
Yes, I Accepted
WB_FlashOver wrote: 5- On running the Updater is it necessary to redirect to the correct location and was it run as Admin?
Default Location
WB_FlashOver wrote: 6- When running the Updater did you choose the simulator correctly? Sorry, I gotta ask.
Yes. Further, the updater finds my installed P-51 and tries to update it
WB_FlashOver wrote: 7- When the updater stalls with task manager showing it running please look behind the updater window for another window. The updater includes pop-ups during the process and sometimes this pop-up window will hide behind the main updater window making you think it has stalled when it is actually waiting for you to choose an option.
I looked for other windows - but there were none
WB_FlashOver wrote: 8- This one is rare but I have seen it on several computers. The first attempt at installing an aircraft goes wrong so the installer is run again, and again. Each time with an attempt to get the correct location/path. After a bit the person has installed the aircraft to more than one location. I’ve seen an aircraft installed within an aircraft, within an aircraft, up to two or three deep. This did not run very well to say the least.
Checked this and - no - not the case here.
WB_FlashOver wrote: 9- Was Direct X installed when prompted?
No. A later version of Direct X is already installed - and so the version that A2A tried to install was not allowed (programatically) to complete
WB_FlashOver wrote: I know you have two threads going and smart people trying to help you out. I have faith that you will get it sorted. The trouble you are having is unfortunate but hang in there. The P-51 Accusim is an amazing aircraft and worth the effort you are going through.
Thanks. Appreciated.

... Kiwi

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Which version of direct x do you have , as FSX+ACCELERATION uses direct x 9 and would expect FSXSE to be the same , if i remember correctly you can have more then one direct x installed at any time on same machine , and this might be the cause of your issue , if you have say direct x 10 or higher only.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”