P-51 cockpit view issues....... UPDATED

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

P-51 cockpit view issues....... UPDATED

Post by Raceguy »

Hello everyone

I have FSX boxed on W7 and under views, I see cockpit and virtual cockpit. I have TrackIR and have been using virtual cockpit but as I get closer to finishing my cockpit build I want a clear view out front. The other day I clicked on cockpit and the view ahead was clear but if I looked down, left or right I could see the VC or external views. That worked great! I realized that setting gave me the best of both worlds. I could see outside the cockpit or in the VC compare trim/switch settings to my simpit controls.

Today I clicked on cockpit and the view ahead is black but looking is any other direction I could see the cockpit or external views.

Any idea why the cockpit view is black when looking forward? Is there a better view selection I have overlooked?

Thanks for your help
Ed
Last edited by Raceguy on 01 May 2017, 18:25, edited 3 times in total.

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Re: P-51 cockpit view issues

Post by ROB - A2A »

By pressing F10 you should switch to Cockpit/Cockpit view mode. You say it's now black on your end. Maybe try to zoom in/out using +- keys.
The black view may suggest some malfunction of a blackout system we use to simulate the lack of the oxygen / hypoxia.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Re: P-51 cockpit view issues

Post by Raceguy »

Hi Rob

Thanks for the reply. Today the cockpit view worked fine :roll: yet I made no changes except a restart of the PC after yesterdays flight. I guess the old go to "when in doubt reboot" still works.
Regarding hypoxia, when I tried it yesterday and got the black view looking forward I was sitting on the ground so hypoxia would not have been an issue.

I use TrackIR and as before I selected cockpit view and the view ahead was clear, no plane or cockpit showing, but if I looked down, left or right I could see the VC or external views which is what I want. I can hear the plane sounds in every direction except when looking forward, there is no sound.

I flew for about an hour today switching views and all of the views worked fine but there was no sound looking forward.

Any thoughts on why there is no sound when looking forward?

Thanks
Ed

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Re: P-51 cockpit view issues UPDATED

Post by Raceguy »

Hopefully these pictures will better describe the lack of sound issues I am having when looking forward compared to left, right or down.

Using TrackIR from the VC I select cockpit view and look around. The notes on the pictures explain what I am experiencing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Ed

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Re: P-51 cockpit view issues....... UPDATED

Post by ROB - A2A »

Contrary to our newest planes which are specially prepared for the cockpit builders, P51 hasn't got this feature (yet?). It requires an official update, which I can't promise now.
But I have a temporary fix for you: try to pop up an additional window using "[" key, switch that window to 3D VC view by "F9", you can scale that window down, then click the main view to set it to focus. You should get the sounds with that window on.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Thanks for looking into this Rob! I'll give the temp fix a try and let you know.

It would be nice to have an official update for us cockpit builders. :wink:

Take care
Ed

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Rob, your temporary fix worked!

Thank you for taking time to offer this solution. I'm hoping that a future update will have this built into the P-51.

Take care
Ed

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”